Where do I start

Sunday, July 15, 2007

State of Affairs!

I must confess it feels strange blogging again. I must say though I am truly going to enjoy it this time...I think the break gave me a chance to learn a thing or two about myself, make a few mistakes and learn from them and more than anything, gave me a chance to realize what it is I want the most in life and how to get it.
So I've titled this entry the State of Affairs cause for the past couple of weeks I've experienced some interesting things and for the next couple of weeks, I'll be experiencing a lot more.
So where do I start? Lets start with my accommodation situation...

Mystery of a room mate

So I finally found a place to sublet for a couple of months while I try to decide what I want to do with this life of mine. When i initially came to view the place, it was sparkling clean..but my people ever since I signed on the dotted line and moved in, its been chaos oooo...As in I have an Asian room mate...he seems rather cool (hardly get to see or talk to him cause I am locked in my room 24/7). Anyway the first sign of chaos came when I returned home and in urgent need to use the restroom...before I left home, there was a full roll of toilet paper...when I got back it had been used up...I assumed if I checked the trash that I'd find answers to my question but what i saw in the trash at most was 1/20th of a full roll... man come to find out that the guy loves soft toilet paper ...still trying to figure out what he does with it..will keep y'all informed when I do find out.
The other day after enjoying some correct West Indies delicacies, I decided to bless the rest room...(don't act like you don't bless yours)...after pronouncing blessing upon the rest room, the scent I left behind wasn't anything threatening but my people when I got back home and walked into the rest room to pronounce greater blessings upon it, this guy had retaliated oooo I mean the bomb dude dropped would have helped the US military in fetching out Saddam quicker ... I mean it was "Shock and Awe" in its purest form... I am still in shock that the dude didn't have the courtesy to do it in his friends or girl friends house before coming home... Now I plan to eat correct beans (the night before I leave for Atlanta) and man I'll drop it like its hot! That will teach him not to mess with an African!...lol...

Ghosts
Before moving into this place, I never believed in ghosts but my people I think I have a family living in my place. It all started like a joke ooo .. I was chilling in my room watching something online when I heard my door open...shocked, I walked out of the door, looked around and there was no one at home... Walked back into my room and shut it again and the same thing happened again..it just opened...so I decided to use one of my suitcases as a wedge ...got back into bed, ready to resume my online viewing, when the door opened again... this has happened consistently for the past couple of weeks...so I decided to establish contact with them...whenever the door opens, I'll start to speak out in the hope I'd get a response...a writing...something! So I started off with politics... I got no response! So I came to the conclusion that speaking about Bush or the war in Iraq is of no use to them... I tried Yar'dua and everything went still in the room...so tomorrow I plan on speaking to them about the paranormal...probably X-files... if that doesn't work, then I'll have to visit a naija video store to get a movie with ghosts in it...hopefully that will get their attention ( then they'll know say Naija ghost pass ghost...lol..especially with the sound effects..lol)... I suspect its a family of four (cause each time the door opens 4 consecutive times and shuts the same ... I am thinking probably a husband, wife, daughter and a brat for a son. Anyway I'll keep y'all posted.

Summer Weddings
I must say I am really excited about the weddings I'll be attending this month and next month. The roll-call of peeps attending, leave me highly expectant. It's also the season of hook-ups as I already have three people to meet in one wedding and one in another...I'll keep you guys posted on how these meetings go... You know how friends hype up their friends...ahhhh I have that going on in excess... I mean what haven't I seen and heard..." Oh my friend knows you...you two were introduced at XYZ function ...you might not remember her (heck No! I don't remember her)... I must say for the first time in a really long while I am really excited about meeting these babes regardless of how it turns out... There is the need to let go of the past and usher in something new...Rejigger myself...

Mama Drama

Yup my mum is back in the news..AGAIN!!! my trip to Atlanta was ok... for some strange reason this trip felt different from the rest... was kind of concerned I was losing a friend who means a lot to me but we recently got a chance to speak and I am happy to report..it was false alarm!!
But my dearest mother wouldn't let me rest oooo.. I practically had to storm out of the house on one occasion..as in I had no destination I just kept driving until it was time to buy gas... I showed up at her church for a program they were hosting and she wanted me to meet everyone...now I had no problem meeting everyone but there's this particular brother that she wanted me to meet specially, sit down and talk...man once I saw the dude and he opened his mouth to speak, I knew where the conversation was headed and why my mum wanted us to meet ..as such I promised to make out time on my next visit (Note to self: Next visit you are staying in your own place)...anyway I guess that didn't sit well with my mother so early the next morning, I had just managed to put myself to sleep (lol), my mum knocks on my door...I acted like I didn't hear the knock but still the woman opened the door and walked in..."Miguel" ...still acting like I was still deep in my sleep..."Miguel"... she proceeds to tap me ...I turn to look at her and she hands me a book "How to recognize the compatible spouse"...without a word, she walks out...lol...man even though I was half asleep, I couldn't help but commend her new method... anyway I read the book (don't want to be called the disobedient son)... the book actually led to certain issues I now have with christian authors...they talk about not being unequally yoked, no sex before marriage...all of these I agree with but they don't tell you the name of the store where you can find a wife... I mean give me a name...Neiman Marcus or something... anyway I think I am done with christian literature on finding the One ...it seems like once you've read one, you've read them all and by the way, the next pastor that calls me to talk about finding "THE ONE" would really hear it from me..."Sir/Ma, please could you recommend a store where I can pick a wife? "...people need to understand that there is a reason why the bible says "He who FINDS a wife, findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor from God"....the bible even acknowledges that the babe is hiding and you have to find her... I don't know if any of you played "hide and seek" as kids..but if you did...you'd know that "special" kid that could hide so well that you'd get frustrated finding him/her...after a while you'd give up on the search and even the game...

Ok did it end there? NOOOOOO....next move my mum tried to lure me to a wedding...lol..oldest trick in the book...man she was shocked when i dropped my own bomb on her..."oh sorry mum I have a flight to catch"..."ah ah you are leaving today?" .."Yes mum...thought you knew"...my people thats how I drove straight to the airport oooo...lol

Anyway that's all for now.... I'll keep y'all posted...have a blessed week and remember the Lord that keeps you neither slumbers nor sleeps...meaning regardless of what the devil throws at you, God had been aware of it and had prepared an escape for you...This escape could be through the lesson you'd learn from the experience or situation but always trust that the Lord will never forsake His own.

Need to go check the toilet roll and see whats left of it....laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

11 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    funnny........esp your asian roomie who's obssessed with soft tissue!

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    man its not funny oooo... cos I am about to flip the script on him ... probably take a stroll to the dollar store and get those hard ones that leave marks when you use them... Cos I am still baffled at the rate at which he uses tissue...

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Ok Miguel u n ur roomate r both nastyyyyyyyy men, lol
    lol, @ leaving for the airport, heya ur mamma is too funny, giving you a book to read n all. Where r all these weddings taking place sef, n dont forget wot I said on my last comment o, cos u didnt respond!

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    @Biodun...apparently I gathered you will be at one of the weddings... I'll definitely give you a holla when next I am coming....

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Perfectly Human said...

    So for a long time i wasn't able to read your blog...imagine my surprise when i got here today! lol@ ur blessing the bathroom after eating Ewa..ur roomie go bow!

     
  • At 11:39 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    lol, im in stitches Miguel, nice one!

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Damn!,,,,my eyez seeing double. Have been dreaming of this day , u finally blogging again!. One of ur fans ooooooooo. frockyus@yahoo.com........abeg e-mail me...lol

     
  • At 3:19 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    JJ - I am glad u made it back!thanks for stopping by.

    Zioner - see me see trouble ooo... One year left abi? amazing how time flies...u'll soon be done ..then I can tax you!!

    Toyin...such kind words can only make my already big and burdensome head heavier...lol...I'll shoot you an email

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Mari said...

    LMAO, your mum is a trip..."How to recognize the compatible spouse", well you can't say she isn't trying.

    Please, don't kill yourselves in that house. How nasty! Ewww...

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    Don't I just love your mum.

    Ghosts ke? I for don pack commot that house tey tey o. I too dey fear sha in my own case.

    Good to have you back bro!

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Mariiiiii.. lol..nasty abi? wait for my update on blessing the house before my trip to Atlanta...lol... thanks for dropping by

    Temmy ...it's nice to be back! So when should we expect wedding bells? i want to audition for KSA ..lol...
    Ever since my post things have changed ooo...the door no longer opens... I guess they don't talk but they read...lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home