Where do I start

Friday, March 23, 2007

Update and Last Post.

Hey peeps... Let me start by apologising for restricting my blog the way I did...Like NTA, it was due to reasons beyond my control. I have decided to shut down (to public viewing) my blog earlier than anticipated. As a result of this, this final post is going to be extremely long. If you'd like to gain access to my blog once it's restricted, please send me an email and I'll work on giving you permission...my email address is SpicyMiguel@Gmail.com .

Mumsie Update

So I finally saw my mum, I showed up about 1 am in the hope that she'd be sleeping and since my flight was around noon the next day, I felt that would give us little time to talk but let's just say things didn't quite work out that way...my mum was waiting for me when I got to the house...lets just say I was up till about 4am... We spoke, touched on a couple of my exes, my issues (apparently I am the one with major issues not them) and finally my mum dropped a word of wisdom that I've vowed will lead me from hence forth..."Do not seek in flesh but by the Holy Spirit".... as soon as she said this, I felt a conviction within me... I have gone around searching the wrong way...nothing stops you from desiring a beautiful, intelligent wife but let it be based on the prompting of the Holy Spirit and not of your flesh... Anyway as much as I try to avoid having the relationship conversation with mumsie, I must say when I look back, my resistance has been more of my fear that she'll hit me with the truth than her persistence. Anyway I'm back from Atlanta with a really bad cough...any offers to take care of me will duly be noted and considered.. mummy isn't around ..sob sob sob sob.....

Farewell

I wanted to dedicate a post of thanks to each and every blogger that has impacted me one way or another through my years of blogging but as a result of my decision to shut this down sooner than previously anticipated, I'll use this farewell to thank each one of them.
A few months ago, I considered not blogging again due to certain trends I had noticed within the blog world and mostly as a result of a lack of passion to write. At this point and during what I'll have to regard as the most challenging summer of my life, Belle was the friend who talked me out of this, she became my sounding board, giving me so much inspiration (negatively and positively) which fueled my desire to write again. It's funny because I knew Belle at the time I started blogging but we never said a word to each other...this blog led to our formal introduction... every week we showed up at a certain place but could never imagine we were both bloggers... Though I am quick to tell her she has issues (joke!), she's a really funny, interesting person and my prayer for her is that with time, God will give her the peace and patience that passeth understanding...for the rest of my life, I'll remember that summer but I'll always remember the friend you were during those trying times...thanks a bunch...May God elevate you beyond your wildest imaginations and may you find Joy in all you do and may He reward the works of your hands.
Diamondhawk during my dry spell, when I kept asking myself what my blog should be about, God used you as a tool to bring me His word and purpose for my blog. It's been great sharing my life experiences with the blog world...hopefully it's touched someone in one way or another...I thank you for allowing yourself to be used the way you were...thank you for always making me an inclusion in activities or posts pertaining to the word...your relationship blog gave me a stream to draw from and the willingness to expose my shortcomings knowing that through my weakness our God is made strong. Also, lately you've given me something additional that I need to work on....every TERC meeting, you come on excited and I pray that every early/late hour of my life that starts & ends with God, I'll forever be excited in fellowshipping or giving Him the praise and worship that is due Him, with such vigor as I've experienced through you.
Ms.May...Your beauty and intelligence and your ability to remain humble and down-to-earth in the midst of praise, amazes me. Ever since your return from Nigeria, your happiness has given me more reasons to believe and thank God for His creation and hope that out there exists that special one made for me. I thank God for allowing our paths to cross...this last meeting was phenomenal because friends that had a chance to meet and interact with you, couldn't help but sing your praises in terms of your personality. I thank God for continuing to increase you and I thank Him for the man He's given you; this man that has brought you such happiness....the happiness in your voice each time we speak, leaves me smiling....just remember that people will always talk...let it be just that TALK! pray for what you have for many would die for it even the Haters!!!(lol)...My prayer for you is that God in His abundance will give both of you the strength needed to bring your relationship to that point of completion...Never change your person for anyone or anything...thanks for your friendship (though I promise to get back at you for siding with Eddie). The true sign of a blessed child is increase...like I said when we first met and it still holds true today, you are blessed and highly favored.
Jaycee...after reading such powerful and spirit-filled posts on your site, I expected the day I hear your voice, it would sound like thunder...lol.... I thank God for the passion that comes in your writing and the validation that comes through your words. In my years of ministry, I am yet to find one whom God has blessed with the ability to simplify and make practical His word the way you have. You remind me of the story of Samuel when he went to anoint a King after Saul had fallen out of favor with God and expected someone of the same stature as Saul...you are the David, God chose to anoint...I pray as you grow, God will continue to grant you wisdom... I pray as in the case of Solomon, each and every person that comes in contact with you will realize the greatness of God and the gift He has blessed you with. May God's hands continue to be light upon you and may He reveal to you His purpose for your life and may your will be entwined with His. At times it might be tough but keep fighting the good fight...keep blessing the people with His word for in due season you will reap bountifully.
Naijabloke... Thanks for always having my back especially when I post gender topics that could be perceived as being controversial. Your rib-cracking jokes have been great ice-breakers for me...As you pray for strength from the Lord in order to know His thoughts towards you, I pray that He gives you such great revelation that will build you up and make you a foot soldier in His army. Be strong and of good faith my brother...for eyes and ear have not seen nor heard the great things God will do to and through you.
Life of a stranger called me....At some point I went through my posts and realized you've consistently encouraged me without fail. I thank God for like-minded people like yourself... I pray that His truth will forever be our manual and His light our focus. As you make your transition, I pray that God will reveal his purpose for you life...as you've encouraged me, I pray you will be encouraged...as you've sought Him, I pray you will be sought...as you've desired to know Him, I pray that he will reveal Himself to you.
I'll like to thank every other blogger out there that has ever read my blog or left a comment. Through your comments, I have learnt a lot and through what I've learnt, I've been able to share more. I pray the good Lord blesses y'all... I pray that your barns will continue to be full... I pray that His love will never depart from you but lead you to fulfilment. Temmy, Teva, Biodun, Mari, Londonbuki, Zioner, naijadude, t-minx, mphahlele thanks for the comments you've left me time and time again....I've had so much joy sharing with y'all and also learning from your blogs.... your blogs have been favorites of mine for the longest and I've never been disappointed be it when I am in search of gist, knowing I can always trust Temmy to give me mouth watering gists, be it in terms of scoping, trusting Teva to always deliver on her latest experi-MEN, be it in the innocence of Biodun's post, the love in Londonbuki's post, the laughs in Mari's experiences, the support in Zioners comments, the bachelor trashing I received from naijadude, the ever creative and gist filled t-minx and my ever disappearing blogger pal Mphahlele...Thanks a bunch! If I carelessly left anyone out of this list, please note that it wasn't intentional but an error that can only be blamed on my memory and not my heart.

Finally, I'll leave y'all with this... Regardless of what you choose to believe, I am sure there's a part of you that realizes or at least in any small way believes there is a God somewhere.... My life was headed no where when God embraced me....Every day I have struggled to live the life He expects of me...some days I've been victorious and other days I have failed but the Holy Spirit has continued to help my infirmities...I have experienced God in ways that many can only dream of... I have experienced His goodness countless times... As condemnable as my past could have been, He has given me a present and a future that has left people amazed at His power. My prayer as you read this is that you'll make that decision to know Him more....for those that don't currently have a relationship with God, my prayer is that as you've experienced this little part of my life, you'll be encouraged to seek Him.... He is not a God that hides...He is available to you....unlike the world we live in, He neither slumbers nor sleeps...no holidays, no breaks.... I pray as you read this you'll make up your mind to try Him... I promise you'll never be the same... if you've made that decision, I ask that you join me in saying this simple prayer
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe that you came to the earth to die for my sins and you rose from the dead to give me life abundantly. I confess you as Lord of my life. I ask you to come into my heart and make me a brand new person. Amen.
If you've said this prayer and you meant it, you've accepted Jesus as your personal savior. The promises of Abraham are yours....you've been delivered from the authority of the devil, and have been granted the dynamic power to live life abundantly. Feel free to email me with whatever questions or concerns you might have (spicymiguel@gmail.com). May God continue to bless and elevate you...may His light shine upon you...may He hear you when you call and may He fill your days with Joy through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

18 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    hehehhehehheeee... Im FIRST... on your last post... o ya... where's prize????????

    i cant believe this. when i first came across your blog...i was like SPICYMIGUEL??? i was quite suspicous of you...as in SPICY? and then you added MIGUEL to it?????? anyways...from then to now....i just kinda feel like you're ending this friendship... i dont know if you feel what im saying...You know ur blog in some ways...invites other readers to share w/you what you're going thru...laugh with you...all that good stuff...and then all of a sudden it's OVER...i guess that's why i decided id leave my blog up...and update it only as i feel inspired to

    thx for the shoutout... i guess i never figured id featured in ur dedications...so it was a nice surprise to read about that...hmmm. ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON??????? lol

    are you sure there wasnt some tintillating gist here before you opened this blog back up??????? o ya...come back into my office!!!!

    ANYWAYS..you will remain my Favorite Blog Bachelor for 2007 :-)

    adieu

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miggie baba,

    Omo it was nice interacting with u on this blogger thingy.Thanks for the prayer and the shout out,although we could shout for u not to leave but u prolly have ur reasons.

    Since u left ur email,will shoot u emails here and there and u berra give me permission on that thing o..LOL

    Take care man and all the best

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    I just remembered that we were waiting for the experiment u said u carried out with ur rented mini-van and also the gist abt the lady of nails....

    This permission must be granted o cos I dont want to miss those gist...

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a blogger also, but before people start reading unnecessary meanings to what i'm about to say, i decided to post as anonymous.

    From the first time i read ur blog, i've always admired you(still do) and the way u stood and still stand firmly by what u believe in, despite what others may say.

    In my opinion, u're one of the decent Naija men seeking to do God's will. True, i don't know you and u really can't go fully by all that's written by someone but i feel this kind of connection to u (strange? I know), and i can relate to ur writings. Of course, u're not perfect, no one is.

    I've always said, there are no good Naija brothers out there. But coming to know a lil' bit about u from ur blog, has thrown that hypothesis (if u choose to call it that) out of the window.

    Even though u're seeking to do God's will and to know him better, u've not allowed that becloud ur sense of humor and ur emotional side. Who says Naija guys aren't romantic and have no time for poems, or to make known their true feelings? Well, i guess not this one.

    All i'm saying before people start thinking this anon. na wa for her, is she toasting Miguel, is that keep on being you, staying true to urself regardless of what people may say 'cos u're loved (agape please) and admired just the way u are. In due time, God will send that lady who's the total package ur way, that will sweep u off ur feet- Amen.

    May God richly bless you- Amen.

     
  • At 1:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    where do I start Miguel??? Your blog was the FIRST blog I ever read/came across all cos I was looking for Rhyna and BJ's wedding photos on google...LOL (I know, I know, its terrible, I have a thing for pictures) and since then, i just bcame attached to ur blog, reading some of ur posts have greatly impacted me spiritually, i have post-it notes on my wall of some of the things u wrote bcos they r soo true. Reading some of ur entries also made me laff so hard, my tummy hurt! you've been an inspiration indeed and I'm glad ur blog came up on my google search that day. I have so many other things to say but will reserve those till some other time. Thanks a lot for mentioning me on ur last post, its indeed an honour. I hope we'll continue to hear u on TERC. Ehen, not so fast jo, pls send ur blog password to zioner.zioner@gmail.com, tenks (hehehehe).
    As for your wife, you've already said all there is to say and I TRUST that you'll truly see through the eyes of the Holy Spirit and not lean on ur own understanding. Have a blessed weekend cuzzzzz (hehehehe). later!

     
  • At 5:58 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    Thanks for leaving me a special message that's dear to my heart Miggie...(I'll keep ur words in mind as I go through life...) Why do u even make me feel a lil bit teary eyed right now? Loll...thing is I usu. don't cry so the tears aren't falling. Sounds like too rash a farewell message, like we're NEVER EVER EVER EVER going to see u again. Thank God I have a consolation prize...T.E.R.C!!!!

    Even after I was crying on the phone (TERC Meeting) that u shouldn't shut the blog down, so u're still doing it??? Loll...don't mind me...(I want special priviledges by the way, should I still send an email? Pls let me know on my blog, cos the next time I come here I may be seeing a BLANK BLACK SCREEN). OUCH!

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Nilla said...

    So you're really leaving....and sooner than we expected :-(

    It was nice reading your blog, like I said when I started reading your blog, I love the way you write.

    Farewell, and goodluck in all you do.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Naijadude said...

    I got to know about your blog quite late, but for the little time I know about it I have been inspired, thanks man. To be honest, I am always looking forward to your input at the TERC , you are wonderfully and fearfully made. You are blessing!!!

    And thanks for the shout out ooh, I wish you could not shut down but some times I do have a feeling to do so but something keeps telling me I havent achieved the reason why I started it at all, hopefully I am getting there, get the message across as much as I can. On that note, keep being you and I dey wait for the wedding invite anytime soon ooh...LOL

    Yeah I dey wait for the invitation for the blogger as well...Have a great one man!

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Migggggggggggiellllllo, hmmmm ... Where do i start from? Anyways, it's been a pleasure sharing a part of ur story thru ur blog. U're truly one of a kind sha and i admire and respect u for some, in fact most of ur views, and the fact that u don't mince words in getting ur point across. Even though it hurts at times, but that's it, the truth always hurts.

    Anyways, keep on keeping it real and shining for Christ. Hopefully, we'll meet somewhere, somehow, someday. Abeg, i need an invite o to read ur blog. God bless you.

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Oh My Goodness, a finnal goodbye.. Its really happening.

    so its really true. I heard from the grape vine but never trully belived LOL. We still have our hotly talked about debate of the reason why the children of egypt (but two) didn't make it into the promised land.LOL.

    As long as you do what makes you happy thats the most important thing but it still doesn't negate the fact that you will be missed. Thanks for your word and your input into situations where your comment has been most needed and your frankness. You will surley be missed.

    Stay True.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    First of all, I gotta say I wasn't expecting this at all. LOL. Thank you. I am so ecstatic that I met you and that you are now my friend. It has been so easy to be friends with you even though we met in an unconventional way. I love your sense of humor, your candidness, your absolute refusal to change for anything/anyone, your belief in God and the way you embrace Him in your life, and the things that you value. I loved hearing you talk about the importance of family the other day among other things. It is a little different to hear you talk about certain things on the phone but when I see you talk about them in person, I have absolutely ZERO doubt that THE woman that will truly deserve you and understand you and appreciate you is out here. Even with all your pickiness, she will find you - LOL. So no worries my love. And about me siding with Eddie, I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't tell you the truth...LOL. And do you know how many times that you have threatened to get back at me for one thing or the other? I'm still waiting! Love you.

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    Miguel! Before I say anything else, my email address is buki1981@gmail.com(for invitation, if you're ok with it).

    I rarely commented on your blog but I was a frequent visitor. When I left a comment once, your response surprised me cos I was not aware that you even knew anything about me or my blog. Thanks for the words, thanks for the encouragement and thanks for the prayers.

    I wish you all the best in all you do... You sound like you have a good relationship with God so you know that he will lead you in the right direction.

    I hope this is not the last I read from you... (HINT: Invite me to your blog! LOL!)

    Take care of yourself...

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    got to know ur blog late ...
    but from the little i have read...
    u know the truth ...and it has set u free... indeed....

    what ur mum said...let the holy spirit guide u'...is the best advice ... i know for me it is hard cos the flesh is what we see...but i pray God gives us wisdom to let the holy spirit guide us..

    take care..GOD BLESS...

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    I have sent you an email and since everyone seems to be praising you here, i no want make ur head swell.

    You have been a wonderful inspiration to a lot of people.

    Let me stop before I start to cry...sob sob.

    You will be sorely missed on blogger.

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    awww thanks for the shoutout. your blog will most def be missed.
    (can i collect my 20 bucks now?)
    jokes aside, i must say i'm somewhat sad (and yet glad) that my love-hate relationship with your blog is coming to an end. lol.

    **but seriously, dude, what happened to 'copy and paste' ready essay that i sent to your email? i don vex o!

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    awww thanks for the shoutout. your blog will most def be missed.
    (can i collect my 20 bucks now?)
    jokes aside, i must say i'm somewhat sad (and yet glad) that my love-hate relationship with your blog is coming to an end. lol.

    **but seriously, dude, what happened to 'copy and paste' ready essay that i sent to your email? i don vex o!

     
  • At 2:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    thanks for the invitation miguel!!! hehehehe

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Thirty + said...

    Ah ah and I have just discovered your blog, why are you closing the blog...it's just not fair

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home