Where do I start

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

In Pursuit of fitness!!

Knock! knock! kick-in the door..phew! yeah ok I'm back! Guys sorry for the long absence.alot has been going on around me....this happens to be my final quarter in school and I must confess I am getting rather emotional as each day passes by...ahhh you didn't see me as the sensitive kind? ahhhhh....hmmm...oh well now you know!

So I have been sore all week because of my big mouth. Last week a couple of my friends (ex-football players), decided to go work out together. Traditionally, I'd normally be quiet when they start to talk about the gym but I think my ego was hurt that I wasn't directly invited or made an active participant in the deliberations. So guess what I decided to do? yupppppppppp I decided to challenge this two big guys...what was the challenge? well I said I'll go to the gym with them, carry out the same repetitions (albeit lesser weight) and I'll last the three hours they plan to spend there. Anyway its important I say this at this point, I am a runner not a lifter...whenever I go to the gym, I never lift weights...I just run. Anyway we get to the gym and these wicked souls decide we should play a game of basketball first prior to hitting the weights..I don't play basketball but since I was determined to get some "gym respect" from these guys, I joined in the game...my people when you see basketball players on TV getting paid big bucks don't complain ooo it is not easy at alllllll....man my shots were just that SHOTS! I'd aim at the basket and before you know it the ball will swerve extreme left hitting one of the guys...man after a while I noticed guys backing off in all directions each time I had to shoot.

We hit the weight room and I was determined to show them the naija agidi in me.... I mean first repetition these guys were carrying some heavy weights man... at some point with the way one of them was breathing as he was lifting, I was sure the dude would fart but low and behold that didn't come to pass....anyway it got to my turn and these guys reduced the weight to just one of the big ones....my people remember when the former Super Eagles coach Onigbinde said "we just fumbled and stumbled out of the world cup"? cool.... man see as I fumbled and stumbled ooo .. they had to reduce the weight to some tiny ones....man you should have seen the way they cracked up at me....anyway bottom line I survived the three hours, carried out every repetition they did and even did Russian sit-ups which they couldn't do....apparently when you are big and you have a huge pot belly, Russian sit-ups aren't the type of exercises you'd want to be seen doing... Anyway I woke up the next day unable to raise my hands... even the baff wey I baff go class get as e be...to laugh na anoda level my stomach hurts.... to bend for where.... to lie down na task... I must confess though I feel rather good I went though its been tough handling my soreness.

Anyway gotta run now...will be back to post gist on my Isho (nail) chick...summary this babe nailed me some time back and now she wants another chance... Man its like a naija movie...will be back to deliver the gist.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miggiellllllllllllo, BWAHAHAHAHA, hope u've learned ur lesson now. Next time u'll learn to put ur mouth where ur money is. Shey u're better now sha, BWAHAHAHAHA, i can't stop laughing sha.

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hahaahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh my goodness, that was soo funny. gym stories eh, I can totally relate to not being able to 'move' the day after. LOL. Laters!

     
  • At 12:12 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    She wants another chance...lolll???

    Ahn ahn...u goooo Miggie...show them the naija MUSCULAR man u go! I appreciate athletes...hmmmm...no wonder u sound like Paul sometimes...the dude was the one who talked about "running the race." Good job sha...keep gyming!

    TTY tomorrow morning!

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Teva said...

    Na na na na na naaaaaaa!
    Serves you right! LOL. I'm sure you wont be nearing the gym for another 3 weeks...Well, if you want to get rid of the soreness u need to exercise/ massage the muscles...pele dear...this is the place a 'wife' would come in handy..LOL
    ...what? someone has to represent your mother's interests

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    will be back to hear gist. Don't forget to gist us oo.

    I have learnt to let my abilities speak for itself, gym is not eassy at all, if I manage good, if not, no one will know the wiser...

    so baffing was a truggle. too funny.

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    Warris wrong with TEVA and Cherub. Y do u have to rub it in?

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    LOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

    Ok... sorry!

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, I am finally caught up.

    Miguel working out? Does that mean you will be hitting the "field" anytime soon? Or will this go the way of the Bowflex? LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home