Where do I start

Monday, March 19, 2007

Off to Atlanta!!!

So my spring break has started...heading to Atlanta to golf for a day or two (ok ok ok I miss my mummy too)...Anyway the excitement has subsided even before I take off....The saga has returned.

So this Sunday I didn't minister in church and as such showed up for just one service instead of the regular two services. I knew the Pastors were going to inundate me with questions and as such I chose to sit in a place where I could easily exit from the sanctuary after service. Well lets just say God being a Humour-filled God, decided to send an usher after me...before I knew it, I was sitting directly behind the choir...after service, I had to join them for prayer and before I knew what was going on, I had meetings scheduled with the Pastors.... Lets just say my meeting with the first two Pastors wasn't as worrisome as my conversation with the third pastor.
Conversation went something like this

Pastor: Miguellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Miguel: Pastorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pastor: whats going on with you?
Miguel: Not a whole lot, still trying to make a decision on where I want to be post-MBA
Pastor: what options are you looking at now?
Miguel: India, Nigeria, stay back here or an offer out of state
Pastor: Cool. I trust you'll pick God's best for you...soo what is going on?
Miguel: nothing else just chilling and preparing for my trip to Atl
Pastor: Ok since you wont answer me directly...how are the ladies?
Miguel: em.. Pastor I am taking a break from my search to work on myself a bit more
Pastor: Work on what....noooo you've been working on yourself for too long now its time you work on her
Miguel: Pastor it's tough out there
Pastor: well if you'll just lower your chin a bit, I bet you'll see what is around you...Quit chasing a phantom.

Now his last comment hurt me... I truly don't think my expectations are ridiculous... I just believe when you are making a decision which could impact your life greatly, it's wise you seek out whats best for you...what is wrong in waiting to marry Naija's version of Gabrielle Union? whatttttttt? we just haven't met that's the only delay ...I am aware it could take forever to meet and if that's how long I have to wait, then I'll wait....any Gabrielle Unions out there? cough!


Each time I've had this type of conversation with pastors, my mum has always been the brain behind them. So as I head to Atlanta, I won't be shocked if she has another speech prepared for me... her classic is " Papa (my pet name), I received a word for you...It's your season to find your partner...the bible says he who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtaineth favor from God"... I am normally quiet when she says this but this time I have something in-store for her...
"Mummy lets focus on the keyword "FINDS"". lol....man I feel a sharp look coming my way and a lot of bible passages.

Anyway I'll be out there for a couple of days....will keep y'all posted..............

9 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    I am first!


    Now, i don't believe that.....

    It is high time you got yourself that wonderful soul mate jare.

    God will help you make the right choice, I know how it is.

    And, eh, aint doing any AWOL for a while.lol

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    Your Pastor o! LOL!!!

    Have fun in ATL :-)

    To your Mummy: Happy Mother's Day (from us in the UK), I know you guys celebrate it on a different date.

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miguel is an "omo mummy." Taking a break from the search? Is that what u said? Please, don't make me laugh. Hmmm, weren't u busy analyzing Jack 'n Jill and Humpty Dumpty?

    Kai! Gabrielle Union's coming ur way o, keep on waitinggggggggggggg. Haven't u seen Chioma in the choir or is it Bimbo that fashionable usher with the sweet smile, let's not forget Maimuna the pretty youth leader?

    Have fun in ATL and bring back gist o.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    miguel as usual u never fail to dissapoint. I join your pastors and your mum to confirm that this is indeed your season....You will Find, especially now that you are going home for a lill break.

    like cherub said, have fun and don't forget to bring back stories.. infact I know plenty plenty fine sucess full gals in ATL, its just a shame you don't like curvy, 5 ft 6 - beautiful and stylish, igbo girls, some happen to be accountants others scientist. God fearing too.. oh well...or is it british ones....anyways I will leave you to do your own search...like just holler for intro.

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miggie I feel u jere ..this same topic is why I have been avoiding a call to my mum.

    I understand with the ladies but why with the men ... If I was the first born I would understand that she wants grandkids,but she alrdy has 2 grandkids o ...

     
  • At 9:49 PM , Blogger Naijadude said...

    Hmm...Do I have anything to say? But brotha U know best ooh. and seems like ur Pastor too knows whats up!

    You are still searching and taking ur time? thats good, but in my case...na wah ooh! I just turned 22 and EVERY close family member I talk to , its either they are praying or they have been looking at some girl. Worse my aunty already hooked me up with her friend's daughter here in Canada! I said price you pay when you were spoilt while growing up, they seem to have everything well planned, at this age he goes to sch when he's done we do "owambe"! LOL

    But on the real! Sir me dey itch to get that invitation ooh, better find ur naija version of Beyonce quick quick!

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger Coral said...

    Plenti of Gabrielle Unions in the States now...the real problem is are you Morris Shestnut? (Did I hear my sistas say 'Ami'?)



    No worry, you havent seen anything, you should try being a girl in her 20s, in the UK where there is a certified lack of saved, alright-looking brothas. My mum reminded me the other day that her Pastor's son was a virgin. See me see wahala!

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Temmy...u berra be back for good.. meanwhile my eyes saw evil on ur blog yesterday so I have told papa God it shouldn't count against me but you...lol

    @Londonbuki..Thanks...lets pray I get to see her..lol

    @Cherub...na me u dey use do yeye...with God all things are possible...

    @Naijabloke...see me see trouble ooo...I said as a man I can never expire...the older I get the wiser i become, the better i pick....lol

    @naijadude....oga u don come again ooo u don dey write sir...my guy u are never too young to marry oo...oya go marry...need some diversion.

    @coral...whats wrong with you Pastors son? Virgin...man thats a role model right there! Other than the senior Bush who married Barbara, I doubt anyone seeks out ugly wives....Lol

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    LOLLLLLLLL @ the way ur pastor said u've been working on urself too long, now its time to work on "HER"....lolll...very matter of factly. Abeg I like that kind of pastor o...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home