Where do I start

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The teacher and her student

So no new post for four days and no one bothered to send a search party to locate me? What is going on peeps? where is the care? Forget love 'cause I trust some of you hate my guts...lol

Anyway, I have been sick since my last post...actually restricted to my bed...I am still recovering but couldn't help but give into the itch to put up something. My friends say I sound sweet when I am sick..I guess because the level of my sarcasm drops by a ton...oh well too bad for them 'cause in a day or two, I'll be back to my usual self (by God's Grace!). Someone needs to call the FDA and actually have my mum put on notice...she can come up with concoctions to cure any sickness if given the chance...lol... From garlic & hot water, ginger & hot water, to a drop of olive oil and oranges...for the first time in a long while she didn't offer me Noni juice!

So a friend sent me a link to a Nigerian website (forum) and as I read through the contributions, it reminded me of an embarrassing moment in my short life. So while pursuing my first Masters degree, I signed up for a Business Law class. I had no need for this class but was looking for a class that would counter my quant-intense course load. Anyway, I showed up first day of class and let's just say if prior to walking into that class I had no real interest in Business Law, after seeing the female instructor (professor doesn't sound quite sexy to me...), I was willing to go to Law School if I knew I could win her heart that way. She was young, sexy, curvy and had a cute smile. Let's just say my attendance was impeccable...She'd always show up 30 minutes before the start of class...for some strange reason, I noticed three other guys would show up early, stay back after class to ask dumb questions...so I joined them in staying back after class with a list of dumb questions. I read all my cases (those things are boring), researched those cases, had questions and counter-points. Folks, I was battle ready for every class. Well in the third week of the class, she asked that I see her after class...Kawabangaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! kai Kunta Kente don hit jackpot oooo ...anyway waited after class, walked with her out of the classroom... she said she wanted to tell me how impressed she was, in terms of my contribution and how I made the class exciting and vibrant...kaiiiii...the school building couldn't contain the swelling of my head ooo... Now I need to pause here

A normal student hearing that from their professor wouldn't read anything into it....Nope not me! I analyzed the way she said it, how her eyes rolled and the way she said good night (her class was in the evening) and in less than 10 minutes came to the sole conclusion she was feeling me. I mean she never asked the other guys to meet with her after class. She asked MEEEEEEEEE!!! I couldn't sleep that night ooo...I kept thinking up ways to make a move (I am about the shiest, bold-faced dude (lol) you'll ever come across...in the words of my boarding school mates...I be Jew man...Liverless!!!) . After the next class, I walked up to her and asked if I could set up some time to speak with her about going to law school... she seemed so excited...gave me her card...apparently she practices law during the day and teaches in the evening. So she asked me to call her during the day whenever I was free...Hmmm my people I'd give almost anything to take back what happened next...Your boy decided to send her some flowers, with strict instructions to the flower company not to release the senders name. So after I got confirmation she had received the flowers, I called her office (dumb move in retrospect). Conversation started off well, we spoke about her experience in law school, spoke about the best programs and how to prepare for the LSAT...Just when I was about to hang up, the lady goes .."oh by the way thanks for the flowers...it was so nice of you...I should let you know though, that I have a fiance and I think the school would frown at a professor dating one of her students"...My people..my jaw dropped...I mean it dropped!!! Anyway, I owned up and apologized. Now how was I to face this lady in class...my people! I became so quiet in class, you'd think I had gone mute...to add insult to injury, I got a B in the class... a BBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!

Years on I cant even remember her name or what she looked like but I know I was caught up...infatuation is a terrible thing ooo....Before you all start, I was quite young when this happened oooo...

Anyway just thought I'd share.






4 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hope you feel better soon. Drink up those concuctions if they'd help you, it can't be as bad as the agbo (herbal drink) in Nigeria. ewwww


    That was really funny. I am laughing with you. getting to class early to checkout the professor/ask questions. I am sure she was quite amused as this was unfolding. (lol)


    Now that I think about it, In 10th grade, I had a crush on my physcis teacher. I was VERY attentive in his class. (solving the problems,impressing the teacher) Could that be the reason for my aceing the class with ease, while others were strugling. (Biology class, on the other hand was a different story) hmmm I wonder.

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    lol......

    very bold indeed..

    Miguelo na u be this.

     
  • At 12:16 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    hahahahahahaaaa, ur too funny. The B wasn't too bad, good thing it wasnt worse LOL

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Tee- Ahhh so you were one of those students ehn! interest in subject, depended greatly on how hot the instructor was...okay so what did you score in yourba?

    TLOASCM- Na wa ooo see as you jus dum p me like refuse...na so life be? No be me be dat ooo...Old things have passed away, behold I am a new creature..lol!

    Zioner- Ahhh I can now see your report card.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home