Where do I start

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Post-Valentine, A few extra nuts

Sooooo wait none of you dear readers could help me search for a good last minute bargain huh? It's all good oooo.... Anyway I'm back in town...I guess I have no choice but to spend the weekend here. I must say last night as I was heading back into town, I felt a heaviness in my heart...I think it's time I took a bow from this town...even if it's just for a couple of weeks...I'll hear what the pastor has in store for me tomorrow when I get to church...she always seems to have a message directed at me. I think it's time I went to a town I've never been, know no one and just chill. Hmmmm.... that might just do the trick...any suggestions?

Anyhowwwwwwwww....I trust y'all had a swell Valentine's day. I have come to the conclusion that some friends are just mean. So I get a call first thing in the morning and it's one of my close mates. Dude called to wish me Happy Valentines day and share with me what his girlfriend had done. A couple others decided it would be best to harass me on MSN but I am glad folks had fun...For one friend it rekindled their love and I was really happy hearing that. My prayer continues to be that for those in search of love, that true love finds them and for those that have a partner that their love never cease and for those in relationships or marriages experiencing problems that they remember the love they have for each other and hold on to the favor God has granted them for the devil seeks to destroy only the great ones. Don't give up! in due time you will receive the fruit of your struggles, in Jesus name. Amen.

So how did I spend my Val's day? Oh well I spent the day packing (I am a last minute packing machine), spent the afternoon at the airport, the evening in the air. I must say though, one day trips are stressful... you hardly have time to sleep (it takes forever to adjust to the comfort of hotel beds), you are active all day and when you are done, you are back at the airport boarding another flight. It was actually wonderful watching spouses hug and kiss...on arrival there was a cameraman at the airport...I think some dude proposed to his girlfriend. Driving into town, you could see couples holding hands, walking, laughing and others clowning...I just wish more people would remember these times when they have problems in their relationships...the divorce rates would be down (ok maybe just a tad bit but its still a start!).

So heading back into town, I noticed a strange pattern...Whenever I am heading out of town, I seem to get the best seats available (window, front row) but each time I am heading back to this town, I get the worst seats (by the toilet or the exit). Yesterday night was no different...I got the last seat by the aisle and let's just say breathing wont be the same for me at least for a day or two...kawai!!! I tell you when it comes to the bathroom, people have levels.... I respect women ooooo... One guy went in, came out and delivered shock...one pretty woman, went in and when she got out, it was shock and awe! Ah! Ah! send this woman to the mountains of Tora bora...trust me Osama will come out of hiding! I guess the airline hostess understood the pain I was going through.. the babe gave me extra peanuts and extra drinks... but I still plan on writing these airlines...I think it's unfair to charge passengers seating back there the same price as others... you should have a discount. Let's call it Nose-Discount...

I want to use this post to thank Tee... your email was a source of encouragement...Your email was just what I needed. Reading your email as I started my day, actually helped me put life into perspective. It's so true God is on the throne. Thanks a bunch!

So my first of many testimonies... I don't know if you all read about the armed robbery that happened in Ebonyi State, where people were robbed and eleven people killed. My kid brother was beaten and robbed. A girl that served with them lost her life. May her soul rest in peace. I thank God for His mercy. We should continue to pray for our loved ones near and far...it's only God that can protect them.

Since I had nothing to do on Val's day, I wrote a short poem to love

To Love:
I've thought about you over a thousand times
written about you over a thousand times
but each time I write, it never seems to capture everything about you
I write, I shred, I write, I shred and then it finally hits me
Words can never capture your essence
In the eyes of many, you are seen
In the hearts of many you are felt
As I write this final line, it can never be enough to express what you mean to me

Have a swell weekend Allllllllll.

11 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hope You Have A Swell Weekend Too!

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    im laughing soo hard about the airline thingy. I suggest you try & pick ur seat ahead of time, if possible, its easy to get good seats that way. Thank God for your brother, thats a great testimony indeed. Have an awesome week!
    p.s: u never reply msges grrrrr

     
  • At 1:26 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Anonymous- Thanks! wish you the same

    Zioner- You never carry out your assigments!!!grrrrrrrrr....lol...forgive me I am learning to respond to messages... The problem is most times I am heading back here, its either in the evenings or Fridays as such most seats are booked already...You know what..Each time I am traveling, I'll saddle you with the responsibility of booking my flights...which would you prefer your new assignment or the previous one?

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger kuesooM said...

    You need to check in on-line first, tho' if ur buying ur ticket within 24 hrs u r out of luck...that sucks....but hey, its better than at the back of a bus. Imagine a bus ride from NY to Niagara at the back...not so good!

    Hope your job search is going well. Just keep on pushing, God has something good in store for you.

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger kuesooM said...

    Oops forgot to say, I thank God that your brother is safe.

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Kuesoom - Lol...you just brought back memories of a bus ride I took in 2006...How am I to sleep now? lol... Thanks a bunch..I trust you are doing well.

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Chris Ogunlowo said...

    Very enjoyable!

    Nice Post.

    Cheers.

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    I graciously accept the new assignment, thanks a bunch. I'm quite an expert at this one but ehen, biko, dont book ya ticket the nite b4 o!

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're very welcome. Now send my encouragement monetary donations to my swiss account
    (Kidding)

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    My prayer goes out to those who lost their lives and gratitude of thanks to God for the life of your brother.

    Meanwhile that peom was lovely. Miguelo so you can write like this..... how have you been?

     
  • At 11:33 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Tee- Swiss account abi? My bank transfer funds by hand ooo and the only go as far as the next village.

    TLOASCM- thanks much...I am good! How have you been?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home