Where do I start

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Are you High?

I am borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddd!!!! yup! I am seriously bored...Don't get me wrong...it's nice to have a break but being someone who is so used to always working or keeping busy, this has been torture. I mean I am pissed on many levels... I just realized I have gained a couple of pounds around my thigh area (It's common amongst sprinters)...I mean my pants are tight enough as it is I really don't need the additional flesh...the additional flesh has left me feeling rather uncomfortable wearing my fitted jeans or pants...I am constantly checking myself to make sure nothing is hanging out (forgive my crudeness but I am upset)...Oh well ...what can I do

Anyway back to this extended break I am currently on...I must say it's having a really dull effect on me... I mean it's almost Christmas and I must confess I am really not excited...come to think of it the last time I really looked forward to Christmas was when I was still with my ex... I guess knowing that you have someone special to share the period with gives you a lot to be excited about ( I trust the religious ones are asking what happened to being excited about the birth of Christ...Please don't go there!! I don't need a day to be excited about His birth...I am constantly reminded of that...But for His birth and His sacrifice, my life would have been different). Anyway, the years after I broke up with my ex, I fell in love with my work as such Christmas wasn't that bad but this year, I am missing out on both.

So feeling the funk coming on, I decided to go to the theatre...the plan was to sit there and catch as many movies as possible...So I had a list of movies prepped and ready to go...got to the theatre and for some strange reason started feeling sleepy...Can you imagine??? So decided to catch just two movies...The Hitman and This Christmas... hmm..at this juncture I think it's best to share this with you...I know guys are suppose to be all macho but I can break down watching an emotional movie...strange thing though...I watched Titanic and though the ladies around me were crying, for some strange reason, tears just refused to flow from my eyes... I guess I was pissed...why? Did anyone else notice that No Black person survived? lol... anyway back to my gist... So I caught the Hitman first...a nice movie...the other viewers were polite, no noise...left the room content but excited about my next movie This Christmas (A friend had gisted me it was a nice movie so I had been looking forward to seeing it)...Anyway after The Hitman, I had about 30 minutes to spare before the next movie...So I decided to sit outside the theatre and wait... While waiting I realized how wicked and cruel this world can be...I mean folks are mean...it was as if someone had sent a memo out that I'll be at the theatre and I was going through a funk...I have been to this theatre on numerous occasions and I hardly see public display of affection but on this night, I saw it all...The Public Display of Affection (PDA) couples were out in full force... One chap took his to another level...I mean this dude was showing his babe around the theatre...lol...I kid you not...you would think the theatre had some historical relevance... "by the way babe that is the pop corn Machine JFK fed Jackie from the night before his assasination... Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg....lol

After about 20 minutes of plain torture, I decided it would be best if I found my way into the room showing my next movie This Christmas...And lo & behold it became official someone was out to make this night miserable for me...Pookie, tyrone, Shiniqua, Shiquista, their mothers and grannies were waiting for me...I tell you even before the movie started I knew I was in for a night...The movie started and you'd think I was in their living room...these folks had no regard whatsoever...kids were shouting, their mothers were shouting, grand mother was comparing one of the actors with one of her kids... the couples behind me were straight out holding a never ending conversation... And not to forget this African couple that decided to talk about Jehovah (There is nothing wrong in talking about God but please realize where you are and the fact that it's totally wrong to spoil the viewing pleasure of others)...to make matters worse, this African woman for some strange reason had chains around her waist and she decided to leave the theatre while in the middle of the movie ...You know how our African women are blessed with Assets (forward looking and backward guarding)...so you can imagine how much noise the chain made as she walked out and then decided to walk back in...
Anyway I loved the movie... I must confess, a couple of scenes had me close to tears...they brought back certain memories and re-affirmed somethings I'll miss this Christmas. Someone pass me a hankyyyyyyyyy!!!

By the way, have I gisted you guys that I recently re-connected with a girl I dated years ago? wayyy before my ex? it's been interesting...we've not spoken over the phone (she lives in a different State) but we've been sending each other messages, catching up on our years apart...Ahhh I must confess it's almost like meeting a lady you like for the first time and getting to know her but this time you are not being judged as such you can practically say anything... it's been really interesting...I am always touched by ladies that are inquisitive...she's been asking me a boat load of questions... different from the normal questions folks ask and I find that refreshing....Before you get your pants tangled up for no reason, She's currently in a "complicated" relationship...lol...I crack up whenever I ask a lady if she's in a relationship and she goes "its complicated"...lol...what is complicated? it's either you are in a relationship or you are not...it's not complicated at all...Anyway she's still a darling... I think her messages have helped me a bit...I tend to think less of my present situation....ahhh it's really refreshing...

Finally, I came into this year with 5 secrets and I recently revealed 1... 4 more to go....lol....Every year I have certain secrets I try to share before the year runs out...some of these secrets are about things that transpired during the course of the year or are things folks don't know about me...I tend to share secrets about things folks don't know about me with one trusted friend and share those secrets that have come about during the course of the year with those involved... This year I have 1 secret about me and 4 about certain people/events that transpired during the course of the year... So what's your secret?

I trust y'all are doing well... I miss you guys as much as you miss me...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    oh my goodness, its sooooo annoying when awon black peeps r noisy at the movies. i went to see one of tyler perry's movies and oh my gosh, i couldnt hear 3/4 of the movie cos they were laffin like babarians (lol, highskool) or sayin stuff like 'u go girl','girl, aint u goin raise that hand' (ya know, in the shanikwa kinda way) and just general blabby, i was soo upset, i promised never to go watch a black movie when it just comes out, will go mayb monday or tuesday afternoon when d place is empty, their own is too much jare *hiss*. coz, i resigned from the assignment o, ah, i thot i told u na, bros 'wish' oness???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home