Where do I start

Friday, December 07, 2007

Marriage counseling

Why is it that as soon as folks get married, they become an authority on the issue of marriage. So there I was sitting by my laptop, surfing the net (as you'd expect a jobless man to do)..all of a sudden my Gmail chat box appears and a brethren that recently got married starts a conversation. The conversation went thus:

Concerned brethren: how are you doing?
me: doing well...u?
Concerned brethren: I am doing good. Are you aware our church has moved to another location.
(I occasionally minister in their church when I am in town)
me: I heard but I don't know the location
(At this point, he proceeds to give me directions to the new location)
me: cool...thanks a bunch. Congrats heard your wife delivered
Concerned brethren: yea, a baby boy
me: wow...congrats
Concerned brethren: I heard your sister is married too. congrats
me: yeah..
Concerned brethren: so when are u getting married?
me: when God permits like you guys He has to reveal the woman to me
Concerned brethren: God always permits, it is u that needs to decide. Maybe too many candidates...
me: or maybe no candidates
Concerned brethren: I don't believe no candidate. candidates are everywhere
me: yeah I might be looking in the wrong places...so may God guide my eyes to the right places
Concerned brethren: I know u r kidding
me: kidding ke? noo I am so serious about it
Concerned brethren: Even your sister has a lot of friends she can hook you up with
me: noooo I'll pass... I'd rather carry out my own search
Concerned brethren: Pastors need to be praying for you then.
me: lol...there is a prayer chain going on as we speak
Concerned brethren: you need it. Because you don't have any legitimate reason to remain single in 2008..
me: lol

I need it? I need Pastors to pray for me? Has my case gotten that bad that folks aren't even bothered if the comments they make hurt? The funny thing is this dude just got married and I remember when he was still searching for a wife...how easy people forget the challenges they faced in their search. I know some people have the best of intentions but the way they go about asking questions or making comments leave a lot to be desired.

Oh well here is a toast to 2008...if it comes and goes and I find myself still single, I wonder what the brethren will say.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    I really dont know why people say d meanest thangs in disguise of 'advice'. Bro, lerrit go jare. To each his own, if u hastily make the wrong choice, everyone will come and chop-clean mouth on ur wedding day and spray $1 bills (LOL) but when there's trouble, no one will b there to help u out oh, they'll b enjoying their husbands/wives in their homes while u suffer. Miggie, pls take ur time, as the Spirit leads mhen, marriage isn't somethang to play with jo. Let them say!!! everyone has his/her own special time for everythang.

     
  • At 3:26 AM , Blogger 36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

    let it go. ill be praying for u too!! u must not be single by end of 08 o. LOL. but seriously thats how our ppl are, as far as d guy knows hes just being a 'concerned brethren'

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    :) u need pastors praying for u?????? that's deep!

    enjoy ur single period, it only comes once :)

     
  • At 6:20 AM , Blogger low said...

    Just wanted to say....Hey :)
    Been a while.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Zioner--My about to be disowned cousin...I should take my time abi? Trusting you and with the way you've carried out your assignment, I might be in my pension years before I find a wife...lol

    36 inches...lol...please while praying could you include a spanking new, grey, Aston Martin? Pleaseeeeeeee...lol

    Mimi....thanks....I must I cherish the freedom singlehood provides but "man was not created to be alone"...I think I agree it's time I made the move

    LOW- ahhh this is truly going to be a merry xmas and a happy new year..lol...How have you been?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home