Where do I start

Friday, December 21, 2007

Are you available?

As I sit here, I am filled with so many stories to share...A lot has happened in the past few weeks... some would practically leave you grabbing your tummy in pain from laughter but I just feel the season calls for a more reflective post.

So are you available?

I made up my mind last night to put up a post. I had so many stories to share..mostly revolving around what I'll classify as "general gist" but as I tried to mentally structure how I was going to deliver the gist, I kept hitting a road block. Immediately the question "Are you available?" sprung within me and within a matter of minutes, I had this post wrapped up. It's not the juicy gossip, I bet most of you are eager to read but it's a topic that I feel will bless you.

Friends, if you've been paying attention to the happenings around the world (from politics to sports), you'll realize that our mentality has to change. It can't be business as usual. There is the need to come under "new management". It's officially cool to be a christian. It's time we make our voices heard... the atmosphere is right to join the army of God. The time for small talk is over...it's now time to act!

As politicians and sport figures eagerly seek to establish some form of relationship with God, we can't but seize this opportunity to declare where we stand.

So today God is asking are you available?
It's easy to answer Yes off the bat, without giving it a second thought but as we celebrate this season, it's important we truly ask ourselves this question and sincerely search out hearts for the truth. In my talks with people, I've found that people aren't willing to join the workforce either because they feel they are not worthy or they are worried about how their peers will react. You hear people make comments like..."Ah mannn if you know the things I've done or what I am currently dealing with, you'll know that I am not qualified to work in the house of the Lord" or the all-time classic " you want my friends to laugh?". My people no man and I mean NONE is qualified to work in the house of God...it's only by the Grace of God that we find ourselves serving him and it's His grace that keeps us in His service. I tell folks that I am attracted to Pastors or teachers that share the word of God based on the things they've experienced. The "born-holy" pastors, just don't cut it for me. Psalm 118:22 tell us that "the stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone". I enjoy listening to those Pastors willing to share their imperfections, experiences, mistakes etc. and how God delivered them. It gives me hope and the energy to continue serving God...despite the bricks people fling at me.

Moses
By all accounts, Moses was a murderer. Can you imagine Osama after accepting responsibility for the 9/11 killings in NYC flying into the US for vacation? lol...Despite his record, God used Moses to free the children of Israel from the hands of pharaoh. God used a MURDERER!!!

Paul
I've read my bible over and over again and I am yet to find another man in the bible who condemned the word and the people of God like Paul did. Yet he was by far the greatest evangelist (other than Christ) to grace this earth.

Peter
Despite his temper, Christ chose him to lead His church.

My brethren it's time we lay aside our excuses...Ask the Author and Finisher of your life to take control...ask Him to give you the grace you need. Mark my words the hour is here when we need to stand up and be counted...He gave you those talents for a reason...to glorify Him! We've all been blessed with one talent or another...we weren't given this talent to bury them like the foolish servant but rather to develop and use them in the service of God. During the course of my travels, I've been to various churches and the overwhelming cries of Pastors are the lack of workers. It's amazing how much Pastors have to beg people to become workers in the House of God. My people beware!!! For the bible clearly tells us that God is not mocked...whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap. In the words of my mother, you can't sow pawpaw and expect to reap guava.

This is a good time for us to re-assess our priorities...

If you are willing to take that step...willing to join His workforce, just join me in saying this short prayer...

Father, I thank you for my life, I thank you for the experiences you've permitted me to go through. I thank you for the good and bad that I am known for. For your word says, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. I am renewed by your word. Lord, I desire to know you intimately...I desire to be one of your foot soldiers...I realise that by my power I'll fail but that through you I can do all things. I re-dedicate my life to you and ask that you take charge. I ask for an unquenchable desire to serve you. As the porter moulds the clay, I ask that you shape me into the man/woman you desire me to be. Father teach me how to use the talent(s) you've given me in order to do your will and stir in me a sense of urgency I pray, in Jesus name, Amen.

I have to rush off now...I have to be at the airport in a couple of hours...I flew into Chicago for a day...I can't believe I endured this cold for two years!!! Goodness!!! I went downtown to meet up with a friend...wore the wrong pair of shoes...found myself falling flat on my backside...Let's just say if anyone was having a bad day, my fall was enough to lift them...folks were laughing as they walked by.

I'll hopefully put up another post before Christmas but just in case I get caught up with the drama of living and I forget, Merry Christmas to y'all.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Initium said...

    Good post...God qualifies the available, and turns all the bits and pieces of our lives into the message others need to hear. Have a great Christmas!

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

    Wow, that was definitely insightful. God truly uses all kinds of people. I see your point.

    Well this is my first time here and I'm loving it already. So, please update soon.

    BTW< Merry Xmas and Happy new yam, oh!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

    Merrrrry Christmas, my friend! Have a joyous, delicious, fruitFULL new year!! Be at peace. God bless.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home