Where do I start

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Abuse-Balti-Bijoux-Storm!!!

I trust folks are waiting for gist about the "MISS". Let's just say we have so much in common but our little differences are HUGE!!! But like I said in my previous post, I have no plans of running away...we are going to take it one day at a time, I truly hope as time goes on and we develop trust, things will fall into place (though I must give her credit, she's been making an effort).

So went out with the "MISS" to grab a bite prior to my trip out of town. I've never seen a woman abused in public but right there in the restaurant, some dude decided to hit his woman...I don't mean a slap..I mean dude had his fist all over her face...I must say for a few seconds I was in shock...Anyway by the time we reacted or understood what we had just witnessed, the punk ran... Now this punk is no kid ooo..this was a grown man...Jerk! Anyway I trust the cops will catch up with him...cause I heard them mobilizing to give chase.

Anyway I decided to head out of town to get a break from my break (lol...break from a break)... So this past weekend I was in Baltimore and I must say I had a blast...got to see some old faces, make new friends and actually have a question that had been stirring within me answered. I must say folks in Baltimore are serious ooooo...lol....what do I mean? It was amazing the number of people I met (young guys and girls), all married with kids...I think back to a couple of years ago when Baltimore was my regular stomp-yard and I remember conversations I had with some of these guys when they were still single or just dating..."Ah ol'boy Ma wetin? naa dude no be so marriage dey catch persin"..lol...to see them now married or engaged, I must say is a funny sight...it goes to show that we men are nothing but noise-makers!!!
So on Sunday, I decided to creep into one of my favorite churches...I love the praise and worship team in this church and my love for their pastor is something else...there are those that speak anointing and then there are those that are anointed...I tell you he is anointed!!! Anyway, as I walked into the sanctuary, looking for my special spot (I have a special place I love to sit when I visit certain churches), guess who I spotted? BIJOUX/CHERUB...lol...I think I shocked the babe when I walked up to her...lol...It was nice finally meeting you BIJOUX/CHERUB.
The Pastor preached a message that I particularly think was intended for me...naaa...you know what? I KNOW it was intended for me...he titled it "Watch out for the storm"...the main bible passage was Mark 4: 35-38. Now this wasn't the first time hearing a message preached from this passage...I have actually written something and shared this passage with someone but the way he preached it was different...I'll put up a few points in my next post but for those eager ones that can't wait, I'll give you a teaser... Mark 4: 35- 38
On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”

I'll touch on verse 35 and 36 for now and I'll continue with the rest in my next post. A few posts ago, I was thankful to God for the friends I had in my life...I am still thankful to God for them because through them, He has shown me a lot...He has shown me the limitations of man...He has shown me the evil and greed of men... When God wants to take you to another level (Cross over), he separates you from the crowd (multitude)...You know those fake friends that show up only when its convenient...those fake friends that are only around for what they can get...those phony friends that claim to care but behind your back they sit in the counsel of the wicked and laugh at your situation..ahhhh yes! those friends...the ones that see your storm and forgetting that they were once in a similar situation, run away from you like you were an enigma...the ones without a fight or an incident just stop calling or caring...I tell you rejoice and be glad for God has something amazing in store for you! Throughout the bible, each time God wanted to do something great in the lives of the people of Israel, He separated His chosen ones...you don't believe? read the story of Gideon, David, Paul and Joshua. In the case of Gideon, when he encountered God, he was alone, beating wheat by the wine press, while hiding from the enemy (Judges 6)...God used him to return the children of Israel from a period of disobedience to one of fellowship with God. Is it David? Remember when Samuel came searching for the new king to take over from Saul, David was tending his fathers flock...ALONE...away from his brothers (the multitude).
I truly don't know what it is you are going through...I don't know what it is you are believing God for...I don't know how many so-called friends have abandoned you...I don't know how many laugh at you...but my brothers and sisters...keep your eyes on the prize! focus on God for in due time He will show up! As David said (Psalm 37: 25,28) "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread. For the LORD loves justice, and he forsakes not his righteous ones; He keeps them forever; but the seed of the wicked, He destroys"

I will expand on this message further in my next post and I will also have a testimony to share...yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miguelllllllllllo!!! How far naa? I am so so sorry for not calling u b4 u left o. I was ill on Mon/ Tuesday. Infact, it's still a shock how i just fell ill like that. I wish we could've hung out a lil' but hopefully there'll be a next time.

    Yes o, i was really shocked, infact shock is an understatement, to see Sir Miggie himself in my zones. That message was for me o, but i'll wait to see ur analysis b4 adding my 2cents. CIAO!

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger kuesooM said...

    Your statement "...those phony friends that claim to care but behind your back they sit in the counsel of the wicked and laugh at your situation..ahhhh yes! those friends...the ones that see your storm and forgetting that they were once in a similar situation, run away from you like you were an enigma...the ones without a fight or an incident just stop calling or caring" too true....

    But I thank God, that indeed, He is faithful!

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    THank you Miguel. That fire has been ignited even more now... Wow. I really needed this post.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home