Where do I start

Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year? Sweet!!!

Sitting here and watching my friend's son crawling, laughing and playing while at the same time trying to pronounce my name has led me to one conclusion...I need to take the matter of settling down seriously in 2008.

Happy new year!!! Hope like mine, your year has started off great! I can proudly say even though it's relatively early in the year, I've started meeting certain goals I've set for myself already. Towards the tail end of last year, I noticed I was gaining a lot of weight...my already tight-fitting pants were beginning to give way...oh well stood in front of the mirror a couple of days ago and I noticed a steady progression from my "one-pack" status to "three-pack"and I think I've lost at least 10 lbs ... folks watching me dance in church today would have thought I had just received some huge contract but naa this year I plan to celebrate every single victory regardless of how trivial they may be.

Anyway, back to my opening lines...It's true when I hear people say when a man is ready to settle down, he is READY!!! I've never been one to adore new born babies, talk-less of carrying them but for some strange reason of late, I've found it exciting being around kids...my cousin is about to drop her baby and with the way I've been on them about what day they expect to drop the baby, one would think I was the father...lol...
So let me catch you up on some berra gist...yes ooo you berra recognize (yeah yeah yeah call me razz...that's what is in vogue now...be all that you can be razzoooo)
The last Sunday of 2007, I walked into church and I left church excited and expectant in 2008... I just have this tingly feeling this year is going to be awesome for me...Why you ask?
So while the service was going on I just had this strange feeling someone was staring at me...as such I decided to look towards the area I felt the stare was coming from and behold there she was...beauty that exceeds description...our eyes locked and it finally made sense to me what the Pastors mean when they say "shine" your eyes when you are in church... After service, as she walked past me, I couldn't help but stare... I mean she was the perfect weight, great shape and just the right height...After interacting with some folks in church, I made my way home filled with excitement...something kept telling me that wouldn't be the last time I'd see her... The strange thing is even though I don't know her, it felt like we had met before. Oh well on getting home, I noticed I missed a couple of calls on my cell...one was from a friend in church (Dude hasn't called me in over a year)...Shocked that he called, I decided to return the call prior to checking my voicemail... Summary of the call was his wife had asked him to find out if I noticed the babe in church and gauge my interest level.
Anyway yesterday I met up with the babe and I must say this year is bound to be a great year... As usual after meeting up with her, I decided to call one of my main boys...as he questioned me about the babe, I noticed I kept searching for a reason not to like the babe...Finally it hit me... It's true what my Pastor said... I might be commitmentphobic!
I refuse to enter this year with that same issue...so here is throwing all caution to the wind... I am finally going to give this a try and really work on it...oh well! to hell with the three day rule... I am calling her NOWWWWWW!!!

Here is to all those looking for love in 2008.. I pray it finds you..if you are blind to see it, I pray it slaps you...if you're unable to feel, I pray it haunts you in your dream until you realize he/she has been made specially for you...
Even after speaking to her and I find we aren't meant to be, at least I can happily say in 2008, I tried which is more than I've done in previous years.

So I am out!!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home