Where do I start

Friday, February 22, 2008

Daddy

An additional year has passed. I don't believe the dead read but I choose to remember today, this way because I know somewhere around the world, someone else is experiencing some type of hurt. Like myself, it could be the hurt of losing a loved one, it could be from losing something or just the struggles of life. I miss my dad!

It's been sixteen years and as much as I'd love to write a tear jerking poem, as heavy as my heart is, I really don't think that's how I want to celebrate today. People said as the years go by it gets easier to handle (the loss). I tell you as each year went by I kept praying they were right but year in year out, it's actually been worse. I am consoled by the fact that after you were taken away from us, I got introduced to your maker. I have gotten to know Him over the years and I must say, He is ALRIGHT!

I have decided from now on each year I celebrate you, I'll share a fact, confession or just something with you.... I still haven't learnt to speak your language and probably will never..lol.. ...Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! it's been 16 years but dad, your language unlike others is not a skill but a talent. When folks sit around and speak it, it's like they are spitting out bullets. I only recently learnt how to pronounce my native name correctly. Not to worry, I'll make sure your gran-kids learn to speak it.

My heart misses you but all I know point to the fact, you are resting in a better place. Rest well dad.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Blogger kuesooM said...

    Very nice and heart felt, I am sure he will be proud that more than anything else you have become a Christian.

    My prayer is that you will continually feel the peace that only God can bring.

     
  • At 12:10 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    I like your decision to celebrate him from now on, its the best. Losing a dear relative is never easy but thank God for His strength. Coz, I can teach you the language, I'll give you tutorials if you want. LOL at 'bullets'

     
  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Kuesoom- Thanks for the prayer.

    Zioner- When & how do we start classes...don't teach me bad words ooo...Cos I'll tell mummy for you!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    facebook should be just fine, no? I'll only teach you good words, LOL. You can ask for word or sentence translations and I'll do the work for free!!! I'm just too much, I know!

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Amen. Awesome tribute.

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Zioner- Ok I am feeling better now so our first lesson starts this weekend... I know how to greet already so we can skip that.

    Ms.May- Hey you...longest time...trust you are doing well..thanks for the message.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home