Where do I start

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The scars of love

She walks by exuding the confidence that very few possess
Her hair like the mane of a horse neatly settled by her shoulder
Her smell like that of the ground after a heavy rain
Her strides comparable to those of a gazelle
Never stopping, always in a rush
She's beauty personified

Yes! she is beauty
Easy on the eye, with a smile that could cool any heart
Her teeth as white as the birth of snow from the sky
Her scent like the breeze from a palm tree in the middle of summer
Like warmth of a loved one in the middle of a chilly winter night

Her beauty is accentuated by the make-up she has on
As one admires the complimentary colors applied
You suddenly realize, her make-up covers the scar of love

The scar brought on by the hurt of the past
love given, love abused
Love shared, Love denied
friends made, friends lost
She's been hurt so many times
Promises made, all broken

After a few intimate words, you find her once soft heart has been replaced by rock
The expectation of a silky soft voice, replaced by the sound of clashing cymbals
The lights in her eyes are dim...no ray of hope even after the rain
She's been rained on so many times, her body knows no value
She's like a spectator as she has given her body to the satisfaction of others

The offer of love, friendship and companionship,
sounds like the term-sheet of a Shylock looking to lure his prey
seductive but rather dangerous
She's been down this path a million times, heard these words even more

Helpless I stand unable to help
But if only she'll allow me introduce her to one whom I know heals all and knows all
No! what is the point of having a belief especially when one can't believe
The life she's lived and the experiences she's had make it hard to
But I press on... I know one who is called love
who can love you like no other
I know one who sacrificed His only son just for my sake and your sake too
Alas her eyes lit up
Her beauty is even more pronounced
As she reaches out to feel His garment,
she's taken the step of hope, one of faith
As she begins to open up, slowly the scars of love disappear
At last she's willing to love and be loved
At last the ugly scars of love are gone
At last she's whole!
At last her yesterday is not as relevant as her tomorrow
At last! Yes! At last the sun can shine!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm first. Miguel u better mail my gift o. Oya, lemme read the post and i'll be back to post a proper comment

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    I see myself in her to an extent. She comes across as one who has been hurt, but is willing to let go of past hurts for the master potter to break, mould and shapen her. Letting go for her isn't an easy thing to do, but the best to be done in order to serve as a vessel for the master's use.

    Kudos to u, once again Miguel.
    BTW, i'm still waiting patiently for the continuation of ur post, "Valentine post-mortem." Enjoy ur weekend!

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    what encouragement - to show that regardless of ones past experienece -or of the fact that one might feel that they can never learn how to love again - there is an example to show that it has been done before and that there is a God that can teach you to LOve again becasue He is Love.

    One good is ones believe if it cannot be used to help another. Share the word and watch it maninfest and break down barriers in people's lives.

    Have a good weekend miguel - what happaned to that one you said you found - or are you trying to tell us that becasue of her past experienec she was finding it hard to see you - but now she has - ok continue to story - I am waiting!!

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    lol....Cherub(I must say it's hard not referring to you as Bijou..always have to wipe and re-type)...I missed the TERC meeting...had two early meetings ... Hopefully I didnt miss much.

    TLOASCM- Naaa this has nothing to do with my previous post. I sat back yester-nite thinking about the classes of people that hurt, the pain they feel and how they express them...how the outside doesn't tell us a thing about the inside... I am hoping someone can relate and hopefully realize that there's hope.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    i like the build up of this...the triumph at the end..it's like the feeling u get when running a race and u finally make it to the finish line....nice!

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    All na the same thing Miguel. Some people like Naijabloke, ChiefO, even that Diamond too, still insist on calling me Bijoux. I thot u overslept for some reason. Anyways, we missed u too at TERC, but i could email a very brief summary of what we talked about.

    Finish up ur story jo.

     
  • At 12:02 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    Oh my God...as in, when I was reading the last paragraph, my heart started beating FASTER (I'm not lying)...

    "The expectation of a silky soft voice, replaced by the sound of clashing cymbals..."

    May the LOVE of God begin to drown all the past fears and hurts we've all experienced in the past...

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmmm...Miggie, this wa not how we planned it o! Haba? Whats all this rhymes of a love-less man!!! LOL
    Its all love man!

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger Perfectly Human said...

    This is wonderful! I like the way the words were woven together and not to souund like a victim but that is d story of my life right now. I know i can always count of the bolgger family for a pick me up

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    I know I left a comment yesterday! Or was I dreaming...?

    One word: Beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home