Where do I start

Thursday, February 22, 2007

15 years today!

I woke up today realizing its been 15 years since you left this world
16 years since we last spoke or I last saw your face
You left me at such an early age, making me a husband, father, brother and friend
As the years have gone on, the responsibilities have been greater
Each year I face a new challenge and I ask myself how would you have dealt with it?
As much as I thank God for the successes, I dread my failures and how they've been perceived
The times when my mistakes were tolerated, seem to have faded
these days I am made to pay for the simplest Mis-judgements
Mummy has cooled off (I bet you are in shock)...I have taken over the role of putting people in check
Your sons are now men and I must say they are all bigger than myself
I dread the day I try to get them to tow the line and they stomp on me
Your little princess is getting married...watching her grow has been an experience
The mistakes I've made have prepared me adequately for a daughter of my own

Anyway I thought I should drop a line, telling you I miss you
I realize you are in a better place but it's hard to believe you are not a phone call or a flight away.
Adieu daddy....I miss you terribly.

12 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Nilla said...

    I'm sorry...

    Your dedication is touching.

     
  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    I'm sure ur dad is smiling, banging his chest with pride and saying, "Yup! that's my son in whom i am well pleased (lol)."

    Even though, it has been 16 yrs, i'm sure the memories will linger forever. I'm sorry for ur loss, at least he's resting in a better place and someday, u'll get to see him again.

    Have a wonderful weekend

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    Be glad that he is sleeping in a better place. Far from the chaos of this world.

    It must have been quite tough for your mum and you guys but thank God for God.

     
  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Im sure your dad will be very proud of the man you turned out to be. A man that understood his responsibilty and without weavering tried his best to stand in the gap for his family.

    It is well. Have a blessed weekend.

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Wow....if I'm proud of you and hv only known you for a little while, your dad is most definitely proud of you! Now, hurry up and have him some more grandkids...LOL.

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    If by any chance, your father sees this, he'll want to tell you himself that he's proud of you.

    I really love this post, REALLY!

     
  • At 1:03 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    it is well bro, see, all this made you grow/mature very fast which has turned out good. pops must be very proud of you. i guess u still dnt believe we might b related (yeah yeah, i know u'll say "this one has come again"...lol) but we just might be hehehehe. have a blessed weekend. ciao!

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Thanks everyone for your kind words.

    Zioner...it won't surprise me if we are related.. I am always the last to know... I was actually introduced to some dude over the weekend who happens to be my cousin as well...

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger God's child said...

    15yrs seems like yesterday
    with each passing day,hr or min
    realize your profound legacy.
    You are who you are, because of whom he is.
    He had to come 1st to show you the ropes.
    Walk proud, tall, and smiling, the torch has been passed.

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    If your father sees this, he'll give a very HUGE grin and say, "yup, everyone that's my SON."

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Teva said...

    Sweetie, it has all made you stronger. I know no words can heal but I trust the comforter will comfort and lead you.
    hugs!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger olat said...

    Your old man is looking down and proud of you and how you have taken charge and handled the family.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home