Where do I start

Friday, December 29, 2006

4 Pastors, Gifts and New Love!

Hello worldddddddddddd!!! Yeah yeah yeah talk about originality...Don't blame me I am out of ways to greet y'all... Besides I love this greeting because of its significance...That is how Tiger Woods greeted the world when he announced he was turning Pro in 1996 and also if you've taken a C++ class, it's also your first real code...lol...Who knows maybe if I continue saying hello world the sorry state of my game of golf will change for the better.

Anyway how are y'all? (y'all is a southern thing...lol) ...Hope y'all had a swell Christmas cause without pity nor sympathy I had a blast this Christmas... I spent it with my Pastors!!! Anyway my Christmas started off wellll...Got the most thoughtful gift I've received for years and for that I am grateful to JAM... Of late I have grown accustomed to folks demanding one thing or another for Christmas or their birthdays but when I ask what they got for me, its always the same story " ah ah you have everything you need...Besides you know we can't afford your taste"...Note to all concerned...If I can afford the things you desire, its time you start saving early to get me what I desire... Ok ok ok ... The joy is in giving but there's nothing wrong in receiving once in a while... Anyway back to this thoughtful gift I received...I received the 12 days of Christmas gift... I mean each came with notes filled with powerful words, describing my qualities, passion, struggles and pains...I thoroughly enjoyed them ... I wake up each day reading the notes that accompanied each gift and I must say JAM you've topped my all-star list. Thanks for making Christmas a blast.... Also got a call from one of my closest friends...Hadn't heard from him in the longest...This is one dude that actually saw me grow from an occupier of a box-room (its called closet in the US) to where I am today. I guess dude had seen the movie "In pursuit of Happyness" and thought about me...Unbeknownst to him, I had balled my eyes out like a baby about a week ago after watching the movie... Yeah if you take away the child, that story replicates my experience through life...I'll blog about that some other time... Really don't want to feel down today. Anyway in all, my Christmas morning was great...The only thing missing was snow (yeah I love White Christmas...Can't wait to get married...there's something romantic about waking up on Christmas day with your wife beside you and snow drops outside).

I was to spend my Christmas day with my Pastor (I'll call him Pastor W)... He failed to warn me that I'll be spending the day with Pastor I, Pastor B, Pastor F as well... But peeps I had a splendid time... Got a chance to talk to the Head Pastor of my church Pastor B...That man is sooooo humble, each time I get a chance to talk to him, my prayer request to God seems to increase... A man of the highest integrity...I pray God continues to increase him.

Anyway Pastor W, whose house the gathering was held in, happens to be my mentor and also the Pastor that I am spiritually accountable to (my Father in the Lord). Every Sunday after service, we catch up for a few minutes to see and hear what's going on in each others lives..Okay okay ..In my life and every other month we sit back to really talk about where I am, where I need to be and how and what I need to do to get there...Each time I speak with him and he shares with me where he sees me, at times I am left wondering if the man is talking about me but from the mouth of two, God confirms His word ...So I guess the world has seen nothing yet! Anyway while we all were talking and discussing the current state of affairs as it pertains to marriages, relationships and children, he called me aside and decided it was best we caught up on things at that point in time.... I mean when he was done talking to me, I fell back into my seat... I guess the expression on my face was obvious for all to see as people kept asking what it is that he had said to me that had practically made me sober.... Anyway part 2 of our conversation will occur tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel a lot better than I currently feel...One advice I'll give everyone out there ...If you don't have someone you are accountable to, it's imperative you get yourself one...Someone who would ensure you are headed the right way through prayers and not just words.... Bottom line this year I need to take the idea of settling down seriously... I need to be more pro-active and prayerful.

Yes oooo you read the title of my blog well.... I didn't know I was in love until today...My people Miguel is in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Anyway I decided to write something short to the one I love

Friends introduced us years ago
but I had no interest cause I was busy
busy trying to make a living
busy trying to get my share of the American dream
Four years on, we've reconnected and I must say you've taken me to places
I could only dream of
Who knew I could pull all nighters for two straight days
Two straight days of caressing you
Two straight days having you as my main focus
Friends have gotten mad at me because of the amount of attention
I've been showing you
but how can they blame me....If they knew you the way I know you they'll know you are addictive
I guess I now know why drug addicts find it hard to give up
When I hold you in my hands, I feel in control
As we scream shamelessly, I experience a high
Oh Xbox 360 what have you done to me
Oh Xbox 360 so this is why women complain about you taking over their position in marriages and relationships
Ahhhh Xbox 360 my love...Be good to me ... For clearly I have given up and said a lot because of you...
Xbox 360 can you see the bags beneath my eyes?
If I ever out-grow you, I'll remember these days and cherish them.

Lol... I bet you all were expecting some berra gist.....seee your eyes...But seriously I am thinking of packing this thing up and shipping it to my niece... I had been warned of how addictive one can get but had no clue it could be so real... For the past week or so I've been going to bed at 6AM .... Oh well I guess I finally found my Christmas love...with the way most Christmas love connections go, I'll be dumping it before valentines day....lol

Anyway I am off to sleep..Its 6:01 Am here....I have to take my new found love through a different experience today (a new game...lol) and its going to require alertness...

Please y'all pray for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

26 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    Im FIRST...yes!!!!!!
    okay....i'll go back and read the post...
    how are you?

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    wow Miguel...imagine...xbox 360...there goes another one...

    hmmm...so im wondering what your pastor told you.

    I guess we all do need to find someone to be accountable to...but i think everything is in stages...im growing...still trying to figure this christian walk...God help me... God help you..

     
  • At 8:14 AM , Blogger Nilla said...

    Hello once again...I have fallen in love with your writings.

    It's nice to know you had a great Christmas, I did too.

    Your writing or poem to the one you love was so nice.....it was as if i wanted to read the next word even before reading the previous one..Phew!!!!!

    Happy New Year in advance

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I actually thot u were talking about a lady and that u both were having genuine all night prayers until I got to "Oh Xbox 360". Your love is the Xbox!! Betta ship it off to ur niece ASAP so u can have enough time to look for a real soulmate!! LOL!!!

    Merry Xams and best wishes for the New year ahead!!!

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    I need to actually konk u on the head ...so u r talking abt an X-box 360 ..what happened to reading till 6am again ..LOL

    Happy New year man and am waiting for my IV to ur wedding this coming year man ..

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    diamondhawk ... trust me as you star to understand this Christian walk, the early stages are actually the vital stages cause i tell you the amount of guidance i've had through the various men of God in my life have been nothing less than spectacular.
    @Nilla - Happy Birthday in arrears, Glad to know you had a Merry Christmas...thanks once again for your compliment...was on your blog the other day and thoroughly enjoyed your post. Look forward to many more.
    @Calabargirl - this your disappearing act is becoming too much ooo...havent seen you on here in a while so decided to check out your blog and apparently but for the festive period we might not have heard from you... Nsi te be? Idem fo? (my attempt at writing efik)..lol
    @Naijabloke... see as you just deflate me.... how me I go marry before you ...it is imposicant...i don buy my suit and plane ticket to Texas... Nothing can cause me to study till 6am from this point till I graduate in the summer....NOTHING!!!
    By the way so you don choose your bride? cause all these babes wey jus dey hound you left, right and center are ready oooo.... I go supply plantain for the wedding...lol ...Happy New year my guy...May God grant your hearts desire according to His will and May He shine his light along your path and may you be aligned to hear directly from him in all you do. Amen

     
  • At 3:44 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miguel, so it's only ur guy Naijabloke u can pray for abi? Den tell u say the others no need prayers? That's my attempt at brewing trouble. On to ur post, what shall we do to u? I was so happy when i read the blog title thanking God that finally, Miguel has found his bride, only to know u're in luff with X-Box 360? I guess ur Pastor was brutally honest with u *evil laughter* A taste of ur own medicine. Anyways, u really need to be more proactive 'cos me i want to chop rice and soft plantain at ur wedding very soon. So start winking at all dem ladies is the only advice i have for u. That accountbility partner thing is so true. I need to find myself one.

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't like leaving comments, but I have to this time. That poem was so freaking funny. A good way to end my ever busy day.

    An accountable partner is very necessary. Do you wanna be mine?

     
  • At 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You really got me with the xbox poem.........lol!

     
  • At 5:55 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @anonymous- you got me cracking up....yeah sure I'll be your accountable partner but i must warn you I'll be on your case like white on rice. Seriously though, selecting someone you are accountable to should involve prayers ... so pray first, select later.

    @Jam - so you finally decided to come out of hiding? I knew you and the others were lurking...glad you took the bold step to comment...you see it doesn't hurt ...now I need to get others to comment as well....lol

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Cherub - You know if you were around in the primitive days when folks were trying to make fire, all they would have needed would have been your spit...see as you wan put me for yawa... no worry I sabi wetin I go do...make I go bless your blog.

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Falling in love with an Xbox?

    Don't mind your detractors. They haven't fallen in love with technology before. The love of my life is a computer.

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger Beautifully Human said...

    lucky xbox 360! I'm sooo jealous!
    Glad you had a fab xmas and happy new year in advance!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Azuka ...It's hard out there for a pimp! My laptop used to be my first love but Xbox took over.


    @beautifully human - don't be jealous ooo we've officially had our first fight...will blog on that later.

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Idem mi osong!! So so ongo!!! LOL!!! Ur attempts at writing efik are spot on!!

     
  • At 2:14 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @calabar girl - mfana ibaga... Abasi odu ye fo ye ebe fo nko ki isuwa 2007.

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Nilla said...

    @ Miguel
    thanxxx.

    Amen to akam afo bong-o ono Calabargal :-)

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @nilla - so song oo

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miggello baba ...I just wanted to share this message we had in church 2day.
    The name of the pastor is Bishop Tudor Bismark,he came in from Zimbabwe.
    you can download the message here
    http://www.yousendit.com/download/k4waJ50wp3l5TA%3D%3D

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Miguel how could you do this to me - I was like, when did our miguel find the time to find a woman - as i read my heart was pacing faster (and secretly excited)to uncover who this new chick was - and what did find Xbox 360 - a game. We need to do serious prayers, this one is serious delivarance LOL - see how you got me over a game box - LOL. But indeed 2006 was a year of restorations, this 2007 will be a year of promotion. Elevation to different levels of your life. I claim it all for you in Jesus Name - Amen. You must find your wife, and a position where God will give you room to flourish in Jesus Name - Amen. Ok. eeh so what did the pastor say then?LOL. Stay Blessed.

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    @NB - we had him in our church in manchester. Interesting.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger TMinx said...

    HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Stop playing jo. Happy New Year!!!!

     
  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    I hate video games!! I had to start with that, lol. Glad u had a great xmas day! You seriously need 2 post that game 2 someone, lol. I am so thankful my man isnt into games, iishhh

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Taureanminx - lol...Happy new year!

    @Biodun- ahhhh dont speak too soon ooo ...cos i gathered some guys get into vidoe games after they marry... at least my future wife can look on the bright side...by the time we get married this will be out of my system.

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Confused Naija Girl said...

    LOL I was leaning forward on my computer to see the girls name and its your X box! damn you spicy miguel!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home