Where do I start

Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm still standing!!!

I'm still standing.... I'm still standing...I'm still standing but by the grace of God. I wish I could blame the freezing weather for my absence or my packed schedule but I'll only be lying... I haven't felt the passion to write despite the fact I've had a lot happen to me that I would have loved to share.

I couldn't sleep through out last night so I spent the time praying and praising God... It's funny how through your hurt, if you find enough time to seek God, He sends a word that comforts you...So while praying, I came across a passage in the bible (2 Corinthians 4: 6-18)

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,
that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed-----
always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus
also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
So then death is working in us, but life in you.
And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written,
"I believed and therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak.
Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus,
and will present us with you.
For all things are for your sakes that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.
Therefore we do not lose heart .Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the
inward man is being renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.
While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
AMEN!

I realize that was a long passage but after reading that, it hit me....Talk as much as you want about me...Dog me as much as it pleases you ... Lie about me in order to make yourself look better, feel better or be received better...But guess what when all is said and done, I WILL STILL BE STANDING.

For how long will I try to fight my battles, for how long will I try to correct the lies of men... For how long will I continue to defend myself? It's hurts but I can't but imagine that the Lord I serve went through greater pains but yet was glorified.

Today I thank God for all the persecutions, now I understand what He has been trying to teach me.."They will come at you like bees, with stings of death but on your behalf I will set a standard". Like in the times of Joshua, I will sing my praise aloud to you Lord, knowing that you are my rock and my refuge.

I realize my last two posts have been downers but hey! If I can't share with you guys my hurt, then why share my joy! Sorrow may last for a night but joy comes in the morning...My morning is here!

14 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    First! yipeeee, nice post, one of my fav passages in bible. It is well and in ur own words, let go and let God. Rhynna finally sent me an email to inform me about the pics. thanks for all ur help, i know i bugged u so

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    The only hope we have as HIS children is the fact that HE will always be there. Our strength and support in times of need.

    Meanwhile, what is my sin?

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    It is well Migiello, so keep ur head up. The Lord ur God will contend with those that contend with u. U'll come out of it tops 'cos remember u're the son of the most high.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Funmi said...

    Hey Miguel, joy surely is coming in the morning. Remember the battle is the lord's, let Him alot fight.

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    "I realize that was a long passage but after reading that, it hit me....Talk as much as you want about me...Dog me as much as it pleases you ... Lie about me in order to make yourself look better, feel better or be received better...But guess what when all is said and done, I WILL STILL BE STANDING."

    Loved that paragraph best...sometimes all we need to know is as far as we've made it thus far, we're STILL STANDING!

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    The Lord is indeed our strenght, and indeed whateved we are going through is temporary. Praise God that you are standing and your joy has come.

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Zioner..thanks for stopping by, I am glad Rhyna finally sent you the pics...hope you liked them

    @Temmy ...won't you like to know you sin... lol....I just wanted to put the scare on you....lol

    @Cherub...long time...how have you been?

    @Funmi ...how have you been? thanks for stopping by
    @Jaycee I totally agree...thanks for stopping by
    @TLOASCM ---long time...hope all is well...thanks for stopping by

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger Nilla said...

    I'm glad your morning is here.

    Take care and have a wonderful week.

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Blogger Teva said...

    Miggie, vals is coming, stop depressing us...LOL
    Sweetheart, God dey and if there's something he knows how to do, its making all things work out for our good. Tk care dear!

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger Blessed Child said...

    "Today I thank God for all the persecutions, now I understand what He has been trying to teach me.."They will come at you like bees, with stings of death but on your behalf I will set a standard". Like in the times of Joshua, I will sing my praise aloud to you Lord, knowing that you are my rock and my refuge."


    AMEN & AMEN!!!

    You've said it all to be honest.Glad your morning(joy) is here!

    Love ur blog by the way...God bless.

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    @miguel - I stop by all the time - u just havnt been noticing. I guess its all tha work. Im sure now that your morning has come - uve remembered me heheheh.

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    So how is it going. How have u been?

     
  • At 11:33 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Nilla ...as always thanks for stopping by

    @teva ...I've been reading your comments on other blogs... if no one has told you, you are a handful!lol!

    @blessed child...thanks for stopping by...you've got a great blog yourself...can't wait for the conclusion of your current gist...lol
    @TLOASCM ...its been pretty hectic here but I've decided to take out some "me" time even if it means I dedicate it all to blogging...glad to hear you are well.

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger God's child said...

    "A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you" Psalm 91:7

    Stand tall, stand strong, He lifts you up

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home