Where do I start

Monday, January 22, 2007

Release and Let God!

My peoplesssssssss...sorry as usual I went AWOL... a lot has been happening around me... I mean A LOT!! will write about that when I have more than 15 minutes to type. Y'all seem to be doing well (at least based on my tour around my favorite blogs).

Today I have a number of topics I'll like to touch on but due to the limited time I have, I decided to share an experience I had this weekend.

Every situation you face in life, affords you a chance to learn something new... when God allows a situation in your life, if you take the time to go through that situation and understand the lesson, you'll become a better person. Often at times I hear people say every situation is a chance to learn something and as many times as I hear people say this, I tell myself "they must be out of their minds!". Oh well, last week I got a new revelation.

So for a number of years, my work with God has been a struggle. A struggle in the sense that as much as I desire to please Him, I always seem to have a problem or two within the setting I choose to use as a medium to worship Him. For a few months now I decided to cut certain people out of my life....I mean OUT! Ever since I have known these people, its been one drama or another.... one story or another...one gossip or another... at a certain point I felt like leaving my church to worship elsewhere....each time I got the urging to do this, I'll speak with my pastor and each time I was given the same advice "running away wont solve anything...God has a work to do in you and in order for Him to do His work in you, you have to experience and come through certain things".... For the longest time, this made no sense to me until last week!
Last week I got fed up with certain gists I had been hearing about myself... I mean everywhere I go, people feel the need to link me with one babe or another...one episode or a chapter...it's funny cause they never seem to link me with the ones I truly like! at least that would make for better gist! Anyway we had an airing out session and it was amazing sitting back and listening to how people interprete my actions. Prior to this session, I could have sworn I was innocent but after listening, I realized how my actions most times put me in the situations I find myself. A friend of mine once said "dude you thrive on drama!" ...at the time it made no sense but after this airing session, it became clear... I thrive on drama because I allow and entertain certain things and people that bring drama. Anyway, after listening to them speak and finally explaining my position, we all made up...Immediately, I felt a release! that release manifested itself on Friday and on Sunday while worshipping...for the first time in a long while, I was able to worship God and I felt his anointing upon me...Oh how I missed it!

My message to you guys today is... people will offend you... how you choose to deal with it will determine whether you are alive or dead (spiritually). Release those that hurt you and let God handle the situation...trust me...the peace you feel will pass all understanding. When you release a person, it doesnt mean you two have to be buddies again... it just means you can afford to genuinely be civil towards the person knowing that He who is in you is greater than he that is in the world and that your blessing shall not be cut off due to someone sooo irrelevant.

Double portion & a vent!

The bible says "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm". We are His anointed ... Every false word that the world speaks into your life will be rejected by God on your behalf... those that speak it will eventually be put to shame and with your eyes, you will see the Glory of God and the works of His hand and the manifestation of His word.

A few months back a "friend" of mine gave me some gist about some garbage some dude in my school had said about me... as much as it hurt, I made a promise to this "friend" that I wont confront the dude about the matter. What hurts is the fact that this dude is someone I have heard sooo much about and based on the things I heard, I decided to avoid him completely when he started in my school...despite all my attempts this dude still decides to peddle stories about me.
Dude accused me of "stalking" a babe ... for the longest, I couldn't figure out who the babe in question was...but this weekend, I finally did.... As I walked downstairs to meet my boys, dude walked in with the babe in question... apparently dude has been seeing the babe despite the fact that he has a girlfriend out of town... oh I could see the shock in his face...a part of me has been tempted to send his babe an email, letting her know that ol'dude is a creeper but another part of me goes " you've been vindicated...let go...let his shame follow him". Dude accused me of stalking a babe that has practically slept with a great number of minorities in my school...a babe that is so shameless, a babe that asked to be introduced to me.. a babe that came over to my place and tried to seduce me "NAKED!!!!"... Dude I stand tall and proud... I did not fall and in her face she can't deny it...there are emails to prove it... at some point when I heard the crap he said, I felt like coming against him with Psalm 140 but decided against it... Alas! the truth has been revealed! Dude its official you are a creeper of the worst kind... a cankerworm of the worst order...shameless! Before graduation, I promise to have a word with you...if not for anything else but just to let you know that I knew your evil all the while and while I seemed helpless, my God wasn't sleeping! You tried to mess up what could have been a good thing... it's sad that anyone could pay you any attention but like they say "birds of the same feather flock together!" talk about insecurities!

On second thoughts
Dude...you know what? since I am currently experiencing this peace from releasing folks, I am sending you an email to arrange a meeting...it's time I gave you what it is you deserve and have longed for. Hope you are ready... I plan on serving it HOT!

16 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Funmi said...

    about time you updated your blog miguel! as usual you were on point......there is always this peace that i cannot explain when you release someone 'completely' especially after holding on to a grudge for ages.

    Had a similiar experience last month and i most say it helped me even commune better with God. Those little grudges we hold are like a cankerworm that eats away only at us!

    I am glad you have gotten to that stage...... word of advice concerning the creeper i would suggest you let God be the ultimate judge. Don't bother serving it HOT....remember vengeance is His, let Him alone vindicate you.

    Thanks for sharing this

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    Well, I am FIRST!


    To be honest, this is a kinda sensitive issue. Learning to deal with people that think they know all and can run their dirty mouths anyhow is a great job.

    I think if I were in your shoes, I probably would have confronted the guy but like you said leaving the person to God is of cos the best option ever.

    Take it easy dude, but of cos you can serve the guy HOT!

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    Jeez....
    Funmi! You beat me to the 1st place.

    Alright honey, go update!

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Mari said...

    You typed all that in 15 mins. Am shocked coz that would have taken me about 30mins or more. Not that am slow at typing but I need time to put my words together so what I write is coherent. Doesn't matter anyways.

    I also think you should let it go. Unless you really think things can be resolved without a big brouha(sp?)...I bet you could.

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miggiello, abeg release this dude now? Anyway the Lord has fought on ur behalf, so just keep on smiling. I'd suggest u fashie meeting with the guy so as not to create a scene, then again some people need to be put in check. Seriously, were u kidding when u said the babe tried to seduce u naked? Oh! What a shameful thing to do. Why do babes keep on doing this to themselves? Considering u attend the same school 'n all, how does she think u'd relate with her after such a shameful display? Hope school's not working its wonders on u yet?

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Miggie darling,
    Calm down. He's not worth the hassle. you know how our people say that 'pay the crazy man's tollfare in the middle of the freeway so that he doesnt keep you from getting where you are going'[translated from yoruba]
    Look, there are people looking for other people to take down with them. You have surpassed that level...just let him be.

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    There has to be something about you the dude has always hated - maybe the fact that He that is in you is greater - I guess he has always felt intimated or felt low self esteem whenever he's around you, whatever it is has casued him to detst you to the point of spreading stories. I dont think you need to have a meeting with him, he already feels insecure where you are concerned and its something he needs to deal with on his own. Now that he knows that he's been shown up, maybe he will start to do some soul searches. Whatever it is, don't let his issue try and mess up your peace of mind. You've released him; but if you need to send him a word - encouraging words that might minister to his problems then that will be a good way to go.

    Nice to see you are up and about. Have a blessed week.

     
  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Nilla said...

    Release those that hurt you and let God handle the situation...trust me...the peace you feel will pass all understanding

    Regarding the dude, I'm giving you your advise....LOL

    Nice post....

    Please be updating more often.

    Have a wonderful week!

     
  • At 3:17 AM , Blogger Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

    LOLOL Uncle Miguel, take it easy oh. What do you plan to serve this dude?? LOL.

    Okay,nice post, it's good that you've learnt new things about yourself.

    When people upset me, i try to see them how God sees them(precious,loved etc) and i tell myself i have the ability to forgive completely because the love of God dwells in my heart, and is daily shed abroad.

    You put that chic on blast too, and maybe what you heard about her wasnt true, maybe you're doing the same thing people did/do to you that you dont like??

    Take it easy, ndo!

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't help but respond to this one..it is familiar. But bro, the Bible says we should bless those who hurt us.. i realized that this bless needs to be literal.. bless them in your prayers.. bless them in your speech.. I know the hurt is there, but God sees it and He will take it away. i think this should be the 1st step before you then approach the person. That way you have released it to God, and you are working on forgiveness. Some hurts are deeper and a right away discussion may not be ideal as you may explode right back to the time of the hurt.. I know this person has done major wrong.. but you don't need any hinderances to your prayers.. so to put yourself in unbroken fellowship, let God in to your heart to fix that hurt before you reach out. Not saying it is the easiest of all things, but it is something to keep at heart. Stay Blessed..

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Blogger Favoured Girl said...

    Please don't create a scene or give anybody an opportunity to create more drama. Release the negative feelings and move on. When people say bad untrue things about us, it hurts, but as you pointed out, it usually stems from their own insecurities. Please avoid any showdown by all means. Forgivness will give you all the peace of mind you need. Stay cool and stay blessed.

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Thanks peeps for your comments... I must say my intention isnt to cause a scene but rather create an opportunity that will truly allow me release this dude...it's one thing to say " I have released him" its another to truly feel that release...I still plan on meeting the dude and at the least informing him of the things I have heard and how disappointed I am ... I realize that man will always fail but ony God remains constant...I feel though leting him know how I feel and the fact that the things said have actually been passed on to more ears, isnt appropriate and probably nderstand why he feels the need to tarnish my name. Its funny cause the so-called "friend" actually took the news and felt the best way to deal with it was to share it with someone else... I just feel the need to squahs it cause you never can tell where else they'll take it to. During our airing out session, my pastor said the only reason these things went on for so long was because i didnt address it by confronting the people involved. The bible talks about the fact that when you and a brethren have a misunderstanding, its important to address it with the person, if after a couple of trials it fails, then you need to bring in a witness, if that fails as well then you should keep the person at a distance (paraphrasing).

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Funmi said...

    Miguel i hope it goes well. God will give you wisdom.

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Nilla said...

    Goodluck then.

    Take care.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    @miguel - I agree with your reasons for meeting up with him. Not necessary as a closure sort of thing, but more of bringing him to accountability of his actions. That what he does is wrong. Pray it goes well. Stay blessed.

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Blogger chidi said...

    goodluck!

    http://fya-dancer.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home