Where do I start

Saturday, November 18, 2006

3 States! 24 interviews! 2 stars!

Finally get a break! this week was extremely busy and I'll be lying if I say i am not looking forward to thanksgiving week (yup i am taking the week off!). How busy have I been? well I have been in three states, had 24 interviews bumped into two stars (Brian Mcknight and Keith Sweat) all in four days. Discovered airport restrooms to avoid (AVOID OHIO AIRPORT TOILETS!!!) hold it for however long!

As much as possible avoid older cab drivers especially if your flight is early in the morning... i mean it's either they drive as slow as heck (even after you've told them you are running late) or they release fart without warning and with windows up (I mean whats up with me and cab drivers).

My people I have become an expert in interviews. I mean try having 7 interviews back-to-back, two days in a row...comprising of technical questions and behavorial tests. In one of my interviews, I actually got to meet with a shrink! It's funny how at times we watch the Shrink/ patient scene on TV and draw the conclusion its just an act...my people its not ooooo I mean this shrink got me to talk about everything from my past to present covering work, family and friends...he even sought to find what my most evil thoughts were....na wa ooo to get a job these days is turning into something else.

This process has been humbling....I mean I walk in there with my head up and I walk out with a strange feeling that i have been torn a new one! So within a week, i have accumulated so many travel and hotel points, become an expert in interviews.

I realize I promised to post a blog that would cause the ladies to scream and the fellas to smile... I'll post it when I get to ATL. Yup I am off to ATL for the week... that town better bubble oooo or else I am going to cause a lot of drama...

Watch out for my next post "Games women play". It's bound to be eye opening, informative and disturbing.

So what do y'all have lined up for Thanksgiving?

20 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    pls hurry up o, i've been waiting all week to read the 'games women play' thingy. live in canada so turkey day is already over. miguel....puhleeezzzz, i asked (begged) for pics of rhyna and bj's wedding...haven't seen anything yet, yeah, i know ur busy, so sorry to stress you and all. pls dont forget o. Thanks and Godbless.

     
  • At 2:32 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Anonymous one....I'll get pics from BJ permission and the link from Bj when I get to Atlanta. As per the game women play ...lets just say hmmmmm

     
  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    miguel miguel - 24 interviews in 7 days - now that is a record - all in 3 states - aah this is very serious - and they had to throw in a shrink - na wa oo - what do they expect from you - that you will not come into work one day and decide to shoot everyone dead.

    Maybe its that your field - LOL - so you will be taking the week off - this is good - Ive taken your advice to go see the naija office in atl next week

    Hope you have a fully rested weekend.

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Beautifully Human said...

    games women play? isnt that some naija movie? lol!!
    anyways hope you get some good news from the interviews and have a blast in Atlanta!

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    TLOASCM- You have to travel down there? they don't accept mailed in applications? hmmm come to think of it..if you are not there in person it could take forever to get it done.

    beautifully human...lol...yes ooo i picked up the name from a naiaj movie i watched but think this story line might have a twist.

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    24 interviews.......wow.
    enjoy atl ohh.
    and yeah thanksgiving already happened out here. damn canadians!

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey, I've only just come across your blog and it's very interesting ... hmmmm, I can't wait to read your post on the games that women play, should be interesting!

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Teva said...

    Hmmm, as much as i would like to tashi you (In keeping with my trade mark), I cant help but applaud your hard work...You are still a punk tho' (as quoted from 3T)
    Thanks for the tips!

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger Funmi said...

    patiently awaiting your post on 'games women play'.......i just hope u won't have to start watching your back after the post (oopsss did i just type that!).have fun in atl

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Holla when u're in the A!!!!!

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Mphahlele...damn canadians abi?lol
    you know what, don't show up for work on thanksgiving day...if your boss should harrass you for that , tell him you don't celebrate the canadian thanksgiving!lol

    @1982...thanks for stopping by

    @Tevawahala...you are like a chinese meal...why order chicken fried rice when you can have the "special" fried rice...lol

    @Funmi ... I must say the post is done..its the fear of posting that has resulted in my need to be around my family when i post it! lol

    @Ms May - most definitely! hopefully you happening folks have a lot lined up...cause man if i leave that town bored, i plan to blast everyone in that town on here! lol

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    24 interviews in how many days? Boy....you tried o... have fun while in da A

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    lol, its not that bad in canada tho. Miguel, don't be scared...hehehe, as u post the 'games women play' blog, just recite Psalm 23,repeat , you'll b fine...heeehee. pls hurry and put it sha cos we can't wait to see. have fun in atl.

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    WOW! 24 interviews in 3 states all in 4 days, do they wanna kill u ni? I know u're tougher than that, a whole son of the most high, strut ur stuff and show them who ur papa is jere. I'm waiting patiently to read that ya post o, if u misyarn ehn, u'd see what the ladies on blogsville can and will do to u, so BE WARNED!!! Have fun in ATL.

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    did you say that you met my husband Brian Mcknight...hey my heart is shaking oh!!!!

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Nna which kain job u dey apply for ..na CEO job ..LOL

    Me that I had 2 interviews in 2 days and was sweating like a goat after one that was almost 2 hrs..U try o ...

    Re:ur last post

    I have been waiting for u to put up a new post before I leave a comment here again..

    U see the wahala wey u create for blogsville now .. oya paste ya statistics with a full size pic ASAP for assessment o... cos all this smittens,blushing,sobbing and crying cant go to waste ..

    Nna dem dey wait o ..LOL

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    I am still waiting for the games you think women play. I can assure you have a match is us should we need to reply with games men play...

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    24 interviews eh? now thats what i call a hustler!

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    emmm, what industry are u in that u r rollin wif the celebs?;)..lol..c me and my gbborun...anywho...good luck wif the interviews..

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger Justme said...

    Eyah Pele, i hope U get the job u want the MOST. Soooo........we are waiting for your next post.
    thecrazythoughtsinmyhead.blospot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home