Where do I start

Monday, October 30, 2006

Great Weekend with a few concerns

Hello allllllllllll...yup I bet from my greeting you all can tell I am happy. I must say I had a great Thursday - Sunday. I connected with the "League of Extraordinary single men", met up with Suelene, experienced God move on my behalf, made new friends and so much more... I'll try breaking everything into various posts in the coming week but I'll give y'all snippets ... I also have a concern or rather a need to vent but I'll reserve that for another post as this is suppose to be a post of joy!

For one reason or another, the league of extraordinary single men weren't complete this weekend ...AGAIN!!! A few things came up and I only got to hear from two but either way it was a smashing weekend. Peeps complained about my location and the cold...so next week, i'll be flying out to meet and celebrate "great news" with the crew..I'll fill y'all in on the "great news" after meeting with my crew.

I must say I am fortunate and blessed to have the friends I have... I have been through a lot these past few weeks...a few have opened my eyes to the wiles of men. So it was refreshing to be around friends who constantly remind you of who you are, your standards and what you mean to them...I sat this weekend with my friends and we totally cracked up on our various gists, what I had experienced and what I was going through...Its funny for the first time in a few weeks I went to bed feeling fulfilled...fulfilled because I was validated... validated by people who truly know me ... I got some heavy knocks though (I am the youngest member of this club)and peeps took advantage of me by yabbing the lights out of me... I mean one of my friends yabbed me so bad, it sent me straight to bed (I mention this because I am extremely sarcastic and my yabbies have been known to leave peeps in P.O.P). Anyway In the next few days I'll break down this weekends visit, gist and activities.

Suelene Update

I met up with Suelene the other night to discuss our situation. I must say I feel at peace knowing that I was able to resolve this amicably (most times when I get frustrated by people and their actions I find it easier to just avoid them because in some cases they never seem to see their wrong). Anyway so I met up with Suelene and we spoke about the state of things...I thank God for the part of me that troubles me when I meet certain people...Because until I feel peace in that part of me, I always know theres something amiss about the person...Anyway we got to talk about our values and we discovered we have totally different values...I strongly believe in God and ascribe all that I am to Him...Suelene on the other hand isn't absolute that God exists. So ladies and gentlemen that ends that but I must say I got a chance to evangelize and I thoroughly enjoyed the time and the sharing...I dont expect her to change her beliefs automatically based on our conversation but I believe that I have sown a seed..a seed that the Holy Spirit will germinate in due time. Anyway I got to learn about a religious sect called the Christian Science (not Scientology)...its amazing the different things people believe in...anyway Suelene will be leaving my group and I totally respect that but at least I know if and when we see, there will be no uncomfortable feelings. I also got to learn something new about myself from our meeting (it shows you can never know everything about you...regardless of age). Anyway we have an on-going bet...we'll ski-race in december and if she beats me, then I have to take her to dinner when we return in the spring...Man I am going to Ski like a possessed man.

God loves me

My advice to anyone reading this blog is...be mindful of what you pray for...for when God answers your prayers, HE ANSWERS THEM. I mean I have a testimony in the works...God showed me that the events of the past few weeks have been to teach me about an area in my life I need to work on and be more mindful of... I am learning and a testimony is on its way!

New friends

I think from my posts, its clear I dont believe in having too many friends but this weekend I was introduced to a new friend... Let me say just meeting this person and talking to her, I am proud to be a Nigerian...the things shes involved in will blow your mind and she's just 23. She made it to my church today, which was equally impressive anyway I'll invite her to post some of her work on my blog...I truly believe she'll go places.

Venting!!!

I am tired of men/women who go around blaming the other party for why things didnt work out between them. He/she is no good, he/she did this, he/she did that...if you've had a good guy/gal and you messed things up, tell your friends when they ask .."It wasn't his/her fault...I messed up" ...don't go around blaming the guy/gal for your issues, thinking that the guy/gal will never get to hear about it...we live in a very small world...news travels fast... I'll continue to advise those faced with a situation like this to keep their calm...never disrespect him/her, regardless of what he/she says whether true or false...the truth is those that really matter will take the time out to know you for themselves and those that choose to believe the garbage they hear aren't worth your time (How many of you have noticed that when you meet a new guy or girl and you ask them about their past relationships, they always blame the other party for why things failed...its never your fault...you are always the victim...my people if you come across these type folks, my advice is runnnnn...if you are so good but everyone you meet seems to hurt you, then I am tempted to say either they all belong to a club specially created to destroy you or it might be high time for you to re-assess yourself) It's funny how people run their mouths thinking it will never get back to the other party....well NEWSFLASHHHH ...it does!
I plan to blog extensively about this in the coming days... Will also touch on the art of friendship ... be mindful who you call a friend or friends... some friends hang around you to laugh at your sorrow...some are soooo dumb that even when they are being used as pawns their movement is so predictable ...lol...gossips! I remember what my mum told me once... If you hurt one of your fingers, the other four will feel the pain...cause they are all guilty by association. When I see two people that I realize are clearly not friends, I normally feel tempted to walk up to them and really tear into them...why the pretense?...hmmm come to think of it I guess since they've opened the door I might as well walk in boldly...like a friend usually says " I think its time people know their place"! ...lol ...hah ahahahahah hahah ha ahahaha ..its my turn to laugh.

Anyway enough venting.. I hope you all had a swell weekend...mine was... until my next posts, Love like you've never loved before, trust like you've never trusted before for if you truly believe that God orders your steps, then the success or failure of any relationship has nothing to do with you but with what God has purposed for you.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Amen - Miguel - You just want me to preach - Im holding myself until your next post -

    You have drawn attention to so many issues and it so true - you also talk about friendship and negativity - We need to be carful of the people we surround ourselves and the remove the impact of their negativity on our lives - Im really holding myself - Youve touched on mixed multitude - my my

    And Sue - Im glad you got to know her alittle better and I bet you are glad - that the something that was telling you not to budge was right - I too have never heard of Christian Science or whatever they call themselves -

    Ooh I eagerly anticipate your coming blog - I feel a lecture coming - and I need to get my pen and paper ready.

    Have a blessed week.

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger Corri S. said...

    Hey Miguel.

    God has a way of working things out, huh? Looks like you didn't have to decide about Sue anyway, since she didn't believe in God.

    Hmmm...I guess I'm guilty of "blaming" the other party, well at least in Jerk's case. But I did admit to my friends that there were some things that I could have done differently in the relationship. Isn't that what people do though?...tell their friends that it was the other party's fault and vice versa. I agree that people should take time out and get to the know the "perpertrator" for themselves, but I think in the longrun, their loyalties always lies with the friend.

    Friends issue? This is a hard one, as we really can't say whether or not someone is really friends, right? I try to give people the benefit of doubt and think that maybe people have resolved their differences or have had a change of heart. But I must say that I don't like it when "alliances" shift often. Susie and Mary are friends this week and they don't like Liz, but next month Mary and Liz are homies. Like I said, people have the right to become friends with who they want, but you should always be careful of who you call your friend.

    Nice post. You touched on some good points. And can't wait to hear your testimony!

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    TLOASCM- I think its time someone brought up this conversation...you can't go into a relationship acting as a victim and expect to get the best out of it. I am just tired of hearing people constantly claiming their partners are at fault...its either you are just bad in picking a partner and probably you shouldnt be in a relationship or you have issues and those contributed to the downfall of the relationship and rather than admit your part..its easier to blame the other party and create a bad name for the person in the process

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Mosaic- Yeah God sure has a way of working things out...though theres still the little matter of winning a ski-race.
    I just got tired of all the blame game going on...heard too many this weekend and read too many as well...so just feel its time to talk about it. I feel when you share with your friends the truth should always be your focus even if you end up looking bad. Yeah sad that peoples royalties lie with their so-called friends..but the funny thing is ..the same way they take sides is the same way people will take sides when they finally fall out.
    As per friends issues...i truly think when friends shift "alliances" it shows ...they were never FRIENDS in the first place....people have bastardized that word "friend"...some lie that they aren't friends but each gossip one shares contains the name of the other.
    Well you'll get to hear about my testimony sooooooooon. Drop by later n the week as i try to break down the blame game and friends.

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Miguel, looking forward to hearing all your gist o.

    I have to comment on the "venting" issue. I completely agree with you. I didn't realize how small the Naija community is until I recently starting hanging around more Nigerians and discovered that I knew about people before I even met them. Bad news travels very fast. It is so important to give props where it is due. In a relationship, you fall for someone for a reason and when things are ending I always try to remember why I fell in the first place and it helps me put things back in perspective. I always try to give constructive feedback to the ex, if he asks and I ask for the same and as a result I am better friends with them than when we were in relationships. In addition, I learn from past mistakes so I can do better the next time around. It never pays to badmouth because in the end, you look and sound like a hater!

    As for friendships, your boys sound like they are real with you regardless of all the yabbing, and that is so important. I have had to cut people out of my life because I learned that they didn't have my best interests at heart. I am a ride or die friend and I find it hard to let go but sometimes, you just have to. Good friends are so hard to find, and I'm constantly learning that your best friends are not necessarily people you've known all your life, they may not even look like you, or always agree with you but they are there in good and bad and most of all, they respect you and to me respect encompasses so many things. I definitely believe that true friends are sent from God.

    Happy you resolved things with Suelene. It's amazing what being open to having a discussion can reveal, isn't it?

    Thanks for all your help, by the way. I'll keep you posted on what's up.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    May- Wow...couldn't have said it any better...wish more people practiced and understood that...I truly love my friends and i realize they have my best interest at heart. I'll go to war for them without thinking twice.
    Your comment reminds me of a British Telecom commercial that used to air years ago and the jingle was "It's good to talk". lol.

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Haha! Miguel, a whole you this was a gist-filled weekend for u. Abeg, i'm eagerly awaiting the blow by blow account of ur gist o, 'cos i know it'd be lecture/ preaching style so like Life, my ears are peeled, my fingers are ready to scribble furiously. I know there'd be a thing or 2 to take out of what u have to say. This testimony, me i can't wait to hear it o. It's always the other person at fault, of course. Even when one fails a class, it's the teacher that gave me a F, not that i got an F 'cos ... As for this convo with Sue, i'm sure u're glad u had the talk with her. Imagine if u had just run away like a chicken?

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Glad to hear about the Sue issue sort of worked out.

    About the whole negativity stuff, dont belive in it, even when i was burned by a guy, I decided not to do that, I make it a point to correct my bfriend when he states negative comments about his ex's, all that aint necessary please.

    About the friends, please I feel u, I can count my real friends in one hand.

    Waiting for the rest of the yans, have a blessed week!

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would say more, but right now, I'm just glad that the sue whatever her name is is out of the picture (if she ever was!).....

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miguel thank u very much for this issue u brought up jere.. like i always say and will keep on saying ... when it comes to relationships,a lot of ppl put it on a different level from the other things that happen in our lives .. for example u just broke up cos ur BF/GF cheated on u and u r getting into another relationship still blaming the other party for the last relationship,it will definately affect the new relationship cos for one u will never trust the person u r trying to get with.

    Every aspect of our lives on this earth is suppose to be an experience for u to be able to deal with ur next step in life and not to be use to qualify the next step.

    Hope u r good now man!!! been AWOL for minute but am back on track now ..

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Bijou- Ahhh U dey use style call me chicken...so me i be fowl... ok oo...I am glad things got resolved.

    @Biodun-Where have you been? yeah I'll post the conclusion of my thoughts on friends and relationships in the next few days.

    @anonymous - you sound hurt...lol.
    I'll ignore you for now. Don't be deceived, you are not anonymous... hah ahah ha haha ha
    @naijabloke- my guy where you done dey? na wa ooo...yeah dude I just got tired of hearing the same crap..."it was his/her fault...I was a saint and he/she was the devil"..i'll conclude it soon. I trust a few people will get mad at me when I am done but Hey! the truth they say is bitter.

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dude, that was one of the most refreshing blog I have read in a while. Its always a good idea to be straight with a person about your beliefs. When are you going to update your blog? I'm totally bookmarking you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home