Where do I start

Friday, November 10, 2006

Her Royal Highness!

Today I found myself with little or nothing to do. So I decided to spend some time stalking blogs. I must say as I read through the various blogs, I couldn't help but appreciate something I have known for a while but probably never publicly declared...Naija babes are off the hook!
So I dedicate this blog to the ladies in blogworld...your blogs are inspiring...they've increased my desire to be a better person, they've helped in bringing into focus whats important, given me a greater appreciation of how talented you are and best of all, they've given me a greater appreciation of what you stand for, why you act the way you act, think the way you think and say the things you say.


Her beauty leaves you speechless
As she swings her beautiful chocolaty brown, smooth skin,
You can’t help but turn
Turn to appreciate this work of art the creator spent enormous time crafting

Her beauty engulfs the room
For the period of her stay, it’s like we are in a room alone
Nothing else matters, nothing else exists
Her beauty is scintillating,
Her eyes say “I am all you need”
Those lovely brown eyes
Void of mascara,
Void of make-up
My naija beauty

Her beauty leaves foreigners yearning
Could turn a gay man straight
Who can blame them?
Her body is out of this world
Proportionally shaped
Clearly displaying her assets
And playing down her debts


My naija beauty isn’t just beautiful
Her ambition leaves you content
Content because you know regardless of the crowd, she holds her own
Her drive and motivation are second to none
She can talk about most things
Gossip about anything
The constant intertwining of Pidgin English, her local dialect with the queen’s English
Leaves me yearning to kiss her lips
Not out of lust but rather in remembrance of this rare ability


Her sense of dressing is impeccable
Be it in her traditional garb,
Or in her business suit
Or in those jeans that accentuate her WMD
If colors could speak they’d want to be Nigerian
Her ability to blend those colors is incomparable
Matching that strange looking bag to those pointed shoes
One would think it was custom-made for her

You always know she’s got your back
She’s your Bonnie
Your ride or die chick
She’ll always have your back at time of war
Even if most times she starts the war and the war is against you.
My naija beauty
the epitome of strength,
the definition of a woman
filled with enough passion
to give a white man rhythm.
the embodiment of culture
the gatekeeper of love.
My naija Beauty

27 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Beautifully Human said...

    Bros Miguel! yet another talent has been added to your ever-growing list - poet extraordinaire!!
    you're too kind. Its nice to know once in a while that we are appreciated...

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    As I read this I couldn't help but put myself in the place of the naija babe who this words are being read to. To know I am very appreciated, To know that You appreciate us.

    Very well written, inspiring, comforting - a lovley write up for a lovely people.

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger zaiprincesa said...

    uuuhh!!!....Thats was a very sweet tribute..and on behalf of all my naija women, i say thank u.

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Miguel, the poet. Abeg, what's WMD? Nicely written poem, and i'm so proud to be a Nigerian girl/ lady/ woman.

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmmm hermano miguel...which one is WMD oh....I always knew I was cute, now I feel smokin hot!!! Good job. I hope you get bored again sometime soon.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miguel dan start wahala for blogsville o ..this women no go let us breath again ...

    I will be coming here everyday to check comments cos I know am bound to read some interesting "blushing comments"

    Have a nice weekend mate

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am really blushing( i know black gals are not meant to anyway). That was really nice Miggie. I love men that appreciate women!
    Naija Bloke,over to you.

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Beautifully Human said...

    yes oh, Naija bloke, we are waiting for your own...

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Funmi said...

    Awwwwwwwwwwww this is so sweet. So beneath all this hard exterior is an extremely deep 'sombory'.

    WMD = weapon of mass destruction i think.

    Have a beautiful weekend.

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Awwwww, I am seriously blushing too o, lol. This was really really sweet of u, loved every single sentence! It really feels great to be appreciated, all I can say is that ur woman will b one lucky girl! We love our naija men in blogville too!
    @ Naija bloke, we r waiting 4 ur own o, lol

     
  • At 1:13 AM , Blogger zioner said...

    WOW, i got a lil emotional while reading this poem. Its funny how as kids, we (some naija kids) think our mums are the worst creatures on earth. i actually used to think i was adopted but then i gradually started to resemble my mum, then i knew i had to face the truth; she IS my real mum. Today, i love and appreciate her dearly. This my first time of visiting ur blog Miguel, gee, i've bin changed mhen...lol. just a side note, ur blogspot has found a place on my 'favorites' list...hehehehe. i was actually checking google for Rhyna and BJ's wedding pics, bin dying to see them. plsssssszzz post some, even if its just one if u have any, would greatly appreciate it.Stay blessed miguel...

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

    HOW very sweet....eyahhh!

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger Mari said...

    LMAO @ NaijaBloke...your comments are one of a kind. Clown!

    @ Miguel...does my blog count? If yes, cheers. If no, thanks anyways.hehehehe. Have a good one!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Awwwwww.....belss you Miguel.

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Teva said...

    Well well miggie outdoes himself again! Nice one!
    You remind me of a guy i once knew....

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LUv luvs luvs it..we too luv our naija male bloggers... Blog on sweetie!

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @ the Blog ladies- Thanks for the comments. I hope these comments remain the same after my next post.

    @ the blog Fellas- don't worry the next blog will get you guys laughing your heads off!

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

    Awwwwww!! *Wipes tears*

    :D

     
  • At 3:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    teee heeee!!

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger Noni Moss said...

    :D Nice one Miguel! Thanks!

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    hmmm...i've resisted enough...
    who are you scoping...talk true
    :-)

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i have lost my blog peeps. I am sobbing, really sobbing....

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    @ all - desperately seeking website developer to try and find temmy's deleted blog - is that possible - can that be done - she is now on this address - http://temmytayo2.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great post, and Thank you!!!

     
  • At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmm, Mister Miguel, my friend just read this topic and some of ur other posts on my computer and i must confess...THE GIRL HAS A HUGE CRUSH on you, i mean, she's smitten. great post tho

     
  • At 6:32 AM , Blogger LondonBuki said...

    Nice post!!!

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh Thank you Miguel!! (blushing & flutterring eyelashes!!!) LOL!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home