Where do I start

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The women in my life

First off thanks for the comments left on my last post.. I must admit reading it actually set somethings off and I'll probably blog on a couple of those things later. I am currently out of town, traveling around the country( a month of travel..Nice!!!)...decided to touch home (Atlanta) first before setting out. My trip has been good so far... Sunday was Ms. May's birthday I had been planning a surprise for her for over a month only for me to show up late for the surprise.. I tell you I am the worst person to plan surprise parties.. I normally get people to do it but being it was for such a dear friend, I decided to take it on...anyway I trust she had a blast...The night before, I attended a naming ceremony...ended up winning the dance chair competition (I trashed Biodun....lol...in your face girlll... You could tell that I attended the NTA Ribena party back in the days...lol..you should have seen my dance moves and the skills I displayed... Britney could have learn't a thing or two from it)... My weekend in all was splendid...nice crowd, super conversation and correct food (Biodun...that fried rice was da'bomb oooo kai but for my rep in that town I would have packed to go...shhh...lol)

I plan on being here for another week (my God son's birthday is on Saturday...we are having it at chucky cheese....yippeeeeee...) will jet out to Orlando, Saturday evening to hang out with a couple of friends...then head back to Atlanta before taking off on my 5 state tour (Call Ticket Master cause I could be in a city near you...lol). Anyway leaving my base was exactly what the doctor prescribed... a couple of events left me sour and in need of a break.

This visit has been great... I must confess if things remain this way for the remainder of my stay, I might extend my visit... I made up my mind rather than getting mad with my mum over her constant marriage pressure to actually speak with her about it but before I could have this conversation with her, I noticed a lot of things which have practically led to the title of this entry.

So after my last visit, I vowed that each time I come into town, I'd stay in my own place or a friends place rather than staying at home...the pressure of finding a partner had gotten too much... to my surprise, this visit has been void of all that...my mum hasn't mentioned a word about settling down... the lady had my favorite meals prepared and awaiting my arrival... I mean you name it...fried rice, white rice, jolloff rice and my favorite drink cranberry. she even got me a chocolate-strawberry cake... I wake up each morning to something special... Though I am enjoying the pampering and all.. I must say a part of me is worried....Who knows I might wake up tomorrow to find a babe imported from my village lying next to me...or I could wake up tomorrow and find her church members and their pastor in my room, celebrating a wedding held while I was asleep... Trust me folks... there is something going on....this evening while in the office, she came by and sat around me for over an hour...talking about her hobbies...I even introduced her to a female friend and after the friend had gotten off the phone, my mum failed to harass me like she usually does...Who is she? what is she to you? when are we meeting her?... Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted but just in case you hear I am married between now and next week, just know that whatever my mum's plans were succeeded.

Big Sis

Ok now myself and my big sis are relatively close... we don't talk as much as we used to but when it comes to her taking huge decisions or something bothering her, she calls me to speak about them. Normally when I visit, she's always working...she's in the medical profession so she works crazy hours... So most times I get to see her probably once each time I visit...but for some strange reason, ever since I got here, she's made herself available...she went as far as going to the African store to buy me naija movies (I love naija movies)...we'll be hanging out in an electronic store tomorrow (I love electronics as well)... Add this to the change I've noticed in my mum, then you can start to understand why I am worried. I mean she got my favorite yeast bread...She hasn't mentioned anything about marriage..well normally she doesn't...in her case she keeps asking after the "ladies" but for some strange reason, she hasn't said a word about women...we've actually been talking about things that interest me.... the other night while talking to a friend on the phone, I tried being loud as we spoke about women in the hope that she would say something when I got off but fa fa fa foulllll...she said nada!

My Niece

The love of my life! she's been avoiding me... I mean my niece cannot hide a secret from me... The other night I practically had to hunt her down and force her to sit down for us to talk... the conversation was mono-directional... I did all the talking, she just nodded her head and when I was done, we shared our "I love yous" and off she went... Normally when I am around before she heads out, she'd come into my room to wish me a good morning or inform me she was heading out...that hasn't happened!!!...

So my people you see why there is cause for alarm...the women in my life are up to something and I can't seem to figure out what they are up to...But if I am just reading unnecessary meaning into nothing, then like I say always I love these women..'cause i can only imagine that they now know and understand how upset I get when they put too much pressure on me in terms of settling down...

Anyway I need to run up stairs now...I need to watch the other naija movies..yesterday I watched faculty (Jim Iyke, Ramsey Onuoha, Oge O.). I'll leave you with a quote from Ramsey "you can take the pig out of the sty but you cannot take the sty out of the pig"...lmao

I'll be back to gist you about my travels... In the meantime, I don't know where members of your family reside but pick up the phone, drop an email or send a text and just remind them how much you love them and how blessed you are to have been born into a family like yours...

I am grateful God placed me in this family... I am grateful for the mother he gave me...the big sister he blessed me with and the funny, sweet niece he's allowed me watch grow into a lady (she starts college in a few days).

A special thank you goes to a friend who constantly amazes me and gives me reasons to thank God for bringing our paths together...Dude thanks for picking me up from the airport at such a late hour... thanks for the car and best of all thanks for not wasting time in dropping my first God son...By God's grace, as he turns one on Saturday, we'll be marking another milestone in our friendship... I'll forever be indebted to you and your wife.


7 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Ok so you know I have to say something about this one...LOL. I did have an absolute blast especially since it was so unexpected, and contrary to what you may think, dinner with just you would have been wonderful too...LOL. And you're off the hook for being late because you were trying to sort my pressie out so technically, you weren't late in my book...LOL. What really mattered at the end of the day is that you took the time and energy and you know what else, to plan to bring people who are important to me together to celebrate my life, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Really, I can't. And to top it off, I got something I've been wanting for FOREVER as well. It really was more than I could have imagined. So, thank you again and I am so glad to be your friend most of all because of who you are - you're a blessing! So, I'll stop now before this gets way too long. LOL.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    lol, funny. I dont think they are up to anything, maybe they just want to give u a break. Reminds me of my mum, she was reaallllyyy bugging about being serious with these issues but after a while, she stopped!!! I initially thot she was up to something, tht maybe she had married me off to some dude in naija lol... even the last time she came to visit, she was always kissing me and stuff, ya kno all tht lovey dovey sturves AND she still hasnt said anything. Soo, ive concluded that she's letting me off for a while, i think thats wht they're doing to u too, dont b worried lolll BUT enjoy it while it lasts...hehehehe

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger KGs40sCruise said...

    Ms Mays thingee sounds like it was fun. Sorry I couldnt make it.

    Part of your post explains the tirade yesterday - LOL LOL LOL. Dont feel bad, there can be many of you. Why should the options be restricted?

    On the other hand you can just exercise your faith, name it and claim it (LOL).

    Meanwhile hmnn... hmn... ok o a 'hmnn' is enough for the wise.

    -youknowwho

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger The 3Ts of Tunde said...

    The women in ur life, huh? Okay should I open my mouth like basket or open my mouth and mime like Britney?

    Women in ur life (that I have evidence of):
    1. AIHS
    2. Seamstress-made
    3. East African giant

    Mess with moi again and I'll spill all.

    PS
    Dude, I thot I was the love of ur life!

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    lol, very funny. I personally think they giving you space to think. Anyway, why havent u settled down yet?,,,,,,havent met one yet?,,or u just picky?,,,,remember there is no Ms. perfect.
    Take care
    Toyin.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    OK I so love this post. Since I've been an avid reader of your blog, your mum wanting to have you married has always featured in one form or the other.. aww, but I don't think its because they have something they are hiding, they've realised that whenever the topic is brought up, they don't see your brake lights, so this time they want to see all of you..lolol..

    I thank God for my family indeed.. I still think there is still gist you are not telling me and 3ts have confirmed it...lol.

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Ms.May...My dear I am glad you had a blast. It's easy getting people to celebrate your life because people appreciate the love you've shown them. I am truly blessed to have you as a friend.
    @Zioner I hear you..if only you'll play your part, then I wouldnt have to worry...
    @Sir ...He who laughs last, laughs best.
    @3T- Trash, Tramp & Tortoise... e sad say u dey sha,e for ur wives u wan pass dem on to me...AIHS, Robin and Juwanamama miss you
    @Hazel...long time...I haven't settled down because the store where they sell brides has been closed for renovation...lol..As per being picky, yeah I am picky ooo...marriage for me will happen only ONCE as such I need to shine my eyes and pick wisely...lol

    @TLOASCM- You know what? I think YOU owe me gist...cos seriously there's absolutely nothing going on in my end...Ignore 3t that dude is a crack head...He's been bald right from birth!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home