Where do I start

Monday, September 17, 2007

Aging and Chucky Cheese

Yo! Yo!! Yo!!! (trying to recapture my youth)... How have y'all been? Well I have been cool..thanks for asking. Still in Atlanta...Didn't fly out to Orlando as planned had some family matters to handle (This weekend I learnt that being your mums first son in a polygamous family isn't an easy task...it comes with a lot). Coming out of this weekend, I can promise my kids two things...By God's grace, I won't be marrying more than one wife and secondly I'll educate and expose them to culture but never to the traditions of my people.

I spent my Saturday at Chucky Cheese...My boy set me up real good...apparently dude only invited friends with kids...he had the courtesy of telling our married friends without kids not to show cause he figured they'll be bored but in my case (being that this was my first visit to Chucky cheese) he asked me to attend...He was courteous enough to ensure that I had the right location and time. Anyway I showed up and let's just say I ended up being the single dude carrying the babies (good grief! those babies were heavy...if you need to work on your biceps, pick up a couple of babies). Let me just say it plain and simple...it was torture!!! Friends kept watching me carefully as I carried their kids...who could blame them...baby shoes were coming off.. I had no clue how to put them back on...a couple of babies cried..thinking if I smiled they'll stop...no way it just intensified their cries...to add to this my friends kept asking when I'll take the leap... I must say I feel like I am missing something cause there seems to be an unspoken competition between my friends... folks are just dropping kids...I mean friends that have been married for almost two years are heading for their second kid, some have even hit three already... As I tried to tease them about this, they all ganged up against me (you would think they were part of an association "United Parents against Miguel).."Dude be laughing now...we'll be laughing when you have kids at an old age"...

While we are still on the subject of old age, My baldness is becoming evident... I mean life is unfair...my brothers inherited my dad's height, while I inherited his baldness (don't you dare tell me it's not hereditary). To be fair, in my case I think it's just karma...every other night I watch the Rogaine commercial, I can't help but laugh...Now I guess the joke is on me! Rogaine for life!!!
On second thoughts, I should at least be thankful I experienced a full head of hair unlike my boy 3T who was born bald and it's been that way all his life...o ma se oooo

Anyway it seems like my travel plans will be changing...I'll have to make a pit-stop at my second home to take part in a program...will keep y'all informed

I'll leave you guys with this joke about TD Jakes

When his plane arrived, there was a limousine there to transport him to his home in Dallas . As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver. "You know" he said, "I am almost 50 years old and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?" The driver said, "No problem. Have at it." T.D. gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap. The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone. The trooper pulled out and easily caught the limo and got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure. The young trooper walked up to the driver's door and when the glass was rolled down he was surprised to see who was driving. He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his supervisor. He told the supervisor, "I know we are supposed to enforce the law but I also know that important people are sometimes given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person." "The supervisor asked, "Is it the governor?" The young trooper said, "No, he's more important than that." The supervisor said, "Oh, so it's the president." The young trooper said, "No, he's even more important than that." The supervisor finally asked, "Well then, who is it?" The young trooper said, I think it's Jesus because he's got T. D. Jakes for a chauffeur!!!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    My cuz sent me this joke in my email I laughed so hard I nearly cried. lol. But the age issue is really something that also worries me lol.. as in, where did the time go, one minute you were part of the young crowd, the next you have now become aunty, and all the old mamas are the ones telling you are young..lol.. you know you are old, when much older people tell you you are young..lol..

    but miggie, the bald thingy is from the mothers end lol.. you dad gave you you hot looks not the hairline, biko..lol..

    aww Im so gaga about kids too, never knew I loved them..lol.. definately showing my age.lol.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    my baldness is from my mother? my dear mother?

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Beautifully Human said...

    lmao. nice one Miguel!
    Funny you mentioned the Rogaine commerials; I was hanging with some guys the other day who were bemoaning their baldness, but do you know what - the best thing you can do is embrace it gladly and let nature take its course! lol
    You have a good week. x

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Let's face it Migueliiiii, "U ARE BECOMING AN OLD MAN." How're u?

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Beautifully human- which has worked for them..Rogaine or Bosley? As if I don't have enough to deal with deciding what to wear each day..now I have to decide between these products or a wig...Man life is just unfair...

    Cherub mi oooo....Glad to see you are back...at some point because of your disappearance I started to believe in UFO's abducting people...glad to see they returned you...lol I am good jare..don't mind me ..just hating on how much fun you seem to be having.

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    LOL..you are so funny Miguel. First time on your blog, I'll be back for sure. :)

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    LOL! funny joke

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Morounranti- Glad you enjoyed the entry...thanks for stopping by

    Mimi- yeah

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    yes dear, the bald comes from the mother's father's line, not from your dad..lol.. you want me to send you articles to read lmaoo..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home