Where do I start

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm coming out!!!!!!!!!

I titled this entry after the hit by Diana Ross. This weekend was for lack of a better word, great!!. Great on soooo many levels...the wedding, my "talk" with my friend, overcoming my traditional attire fear, a re-connection and an introduction. Forgive me if I jump from one place to another on this post...I don't want to be too structured in this post or else I'll give certain people and gist up...lol...lol.


Wedding

The church service was quite emotional with all the brides maids drenching the church with their tears. It was truly nice watching the couple take their vows, as my mind was pre-occupied with thoughts and questions about my status, fears, prospects e.t.c. The brides maids are by far some of the funniest babes I've come across... I mean these babes were a handful!!! I have a confession though...it's amazing what a dress and some make-up can do to a woman (I should know this first hand!!..lol) but the babes I saw on Friday during rehearsals weren't the same babes on Saturday...Transformers, Robots in disguise!!!...lol...Anyway the bride was dashing... I am truly happy for both of them....these days its not easy finding the right "ONE"...too many playing the field, too many wise ones (are they really wise...lol), too many desperate ones... it practically turns you off!!!...too many bitter ones (damaged goods)...Okay to be fair I don't think there are enough quality guys out there either but with what I've experienced within the past couple of months, I dare say I've seen more undeserving women than men ...yeah I hear you saying I am being partial...Oh well I tell it like I see it! I couldn't wait to leave the church service ...all the Pastors, kept passing by me and saying the same thing "You are next"...normally I'd be quiet when I hear that but this time they all expected to hear an Amen... AMEN!!!...to be open with you guys, I really believe I am next...it's strange but I got this eerie feeling...I've been to many weddings without having this strange feeling but time they say will tell.

Traditional Attire
So let me say upfront, my first experience wearing a traditional attire wasn't half-bad...it was uncomfortable at first but I must say after a couple of laughs and unexpected camera flashes, I felt like a veteran...So my wife has nothing to worry about...if she wants a traditional wedding, I am DOWN!!! It's funny watching peoples reactions though...Walking into the hall after changing, I noticed a couple of people pointing at my direction...a few laughs...a few jaws drop....to make matters worse my Pastor dragged me to the dance floor, where the bride winked at me (she was happy to see me wearing it...said it made her day...awwwww).

Now, let me say the process of getting this attire tailored for me took forever...you wont believe it but I had to sit in the tailors shop till about 9pm while the reception was going on just for her to finish it (I had gone for my measurement a week before the wedding)...the lady was booked solid or maybe overbooked sounds better...anyway while waiting a lady had also been waiting for her dress to be ready (she had a bash to attend)...I never knew how serious people took their traditional attire ooo ...this woman was sparking in Yoruba about her trad not being ready and the fact that they were spending time sewing mine (she had no clue I understood Yoruba)... so she turns to me and goes" I hope you'll have fun wearing your trad" to which I replied "I am not sure if I will be wearing it"..ahhhh that sent the lady to the roof... I mean this lady practically went off on me and the tailor...lol...it was a sight to behold...

The "talk"
So in spirit of true friendship, I decided not to delay this conversation any longer. I finally told my friend the babe he was in love with, happens to like me. Now this dude is bigger than myself (physically) and I must confess I had no clue what to expect cause it was clear I had known for a while but just acted ignorant. Anyway, dude was as cool as ice...we spoke at length and I explained my part to him, I think it shook him a bit but I know it did our friendship a lot of good...One thing I can sincerely say is that I am loyal to my friends and always willing to give of myself to them, whatever makes them happy, keeps me satisfied. Oh well we sorted everything out and I told him the way I feel about the babe in question as such he needs not worry about being uncomfortable cause the feeling wasn't mutual.
The funniest thing about our conversation was during the wedding reception, we noticed a group of so-called friends hanging together...all with their motives...while they thought they got one over us, we knew the joke was on them and we couldn't help but laugh out loud each time they walked by... I am the luckiest chap out here...My friends are true to me and I to them..no hidden agendas..no sharing of girlfriends or love interests....lol...we really had a laughhhhhhh!!! No eyeing the same girl and lying to the other..or thwarting our moves...lol....

Re-connection
While waiting at the tailor's place for my attire, I got a text from a flame from my past. I hadn't spoken with this babe in ages but I was shocked as to how happy I felt hearing from her(could it be the wedding fever catching me or just a relief from the spectacle of life)...I was even happier when after texting, she decided to call...I truly can't understand why I was so happy hearing from her....Naaaa think the wedding affected me in more ways than some...who knows but it was strange...I tried not to stay on the phone too long cause the whole conversation was kind of weird...I mean we were both excited that we re-connected and I guess she was shocked I sounded the way I did...Throughout the remainder of the wedding, I tried to figure out why I was so excited to hear from a babe I had made a solemn vow to avoid (gist for another day)...Oh well...I'll give it a couple of days and see how I feel...but my first prognosis is to blame it on the wedding.

An introduction
They say the world is so small that even if you run to the farthest part of the world and you do all within your power not to be found, there's a great possibility you'd be found sooner than later. On Sunday I walked into the restroom in church to wash my hands and met a gentleman in there...the face didn't look familiar being that it wasn't a face I had seen in church before I figured he was a guest...anyway I went about my business. Just as I was wiping my hands, the dude goes "did you live in Lagos?" I said yes..."are you xyz's brother?" I said no...."wow your face looks familiar"...anyway he kept going until I discovered we had mutual friends...it finally hit me where I had seen him but for some strange reason I wasn't in the mood...ok ok ok ... let's just say a certain person brought him to church and I'd hate to mess up her hook up... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... Besides we weren't friends as such there was really nothing to relate to...so he asked we speak after service which I clearly avoided...lol... I knew immediately after church, I'd take off so it was easy agreeing to meet, knowing quite well it wasn't going to happen...Anyway my plan was almost messed up by a friend in church I had loaned my laptop to whom I was trying to find...I ended up bumping into dude about three times after service and I guess it was apparent I was avoiding a conversation with him cause on each occasion, I acted like I didn't see him...lol...I'd hate to rained on the babes parade by speaking with him in her presence (one of such occasion she was in the same room)...I leave that to the shallow minded ones....lol....lol...lol...one thing I got out of this more than anything else is be strong in your conviction...when you think something is amiss about a person, more than likely you are correct!!!...what a joker! My friend BBD was right (more on that below).

A gift from a friend
My boy BBD, had loaded my IPOD with John Mayer..asked me to listen to the whole album.... well after having such an eventful and interesting day, I decided to listen to what he had loaded. Stuck my earphones into my ears, scrolled until I found John Mayer...switched off my light, listened as I slowly slipped into sleep...the beautiful thing about his songs are the lyrics..they are just something else....Today was a good day... At last I can be rest assured from here on out the cob webs are done with... My step mum's advice has become priceless at this time .."never return to your puke"... I didn't need to stay away too long to realize that...Special thanks to BBD for teaching me that at times the best way to get back at people that aren't true is to look the fool but act with wisdom...dude the wisdom you shared surely worked ...Wish you were around to see the result of what you set in motion a few weeks back..let's just call it a "Masterpiece"....lol...enjoy New York...by the way all the nominees were present...lol...it was a sight to behold...Sunday would have left you reeling on the floor...
Meanwhile you were soooo right about the Italian...I hate you for always being right in regards to matters involving women....arrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg....

As usual I'll leave you all with this...


Your friends are like your reflection when you stand in front of a mirror
It never deceives but shows you what the world will see of you
It doesn't lighten nor darken your complexion, the color of your clothes, nor change the shade of your make-up
Be careful who you hang with
'cause at times in life, the only opportunity people will have to make a decision about you would be based on what they see as you stand in front of the mirror and not your excuses.




14 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Spicy Miguel, na u! glad u had fun @ d wedding, u dont rawk trad!!! lol, u be bush man for realz, lol, ok let me stop. Marriage fever dey catch u, he he, so yes o, holla @ me when u get into town o, will text u my # or call. Lets hang!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Oh yeah, I was first!!

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Teni A. said...

    It takes a REAL MAN....for your friend to take those words from u as per his galfriend liking u..and
    there has to be a high level of trust in ur friendship....I know it would be the opposite reaction if the convo was btwn 2 ladies...
    Truthfully,I don't even know what my own reaction would be if a friend tells me that.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol, nice post, great story(ies) hehehe

    zioner

     
  • At 12:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol....."you next"!,,,,i say AMEN to that.

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Spicy Miguel- I came across your site through other sites. I have to say, your blog is a pathetic! It starts with your name and goes on to your pitiful theories on G-d. A man who speaks of women as 'damaged goods' and opens his mouth to speak of the creator. Have the decency to leave G-d out of your blogs! Give him a little respect and seek a little therapy about your issues with women. As for your statement about the puke, its actually 'don't eat what you threw up.' Seriously dude, stop the sissy diaries you keep online and go out and get help.

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Biodun- I'll definitely give you a buzz once I get into town. In order to do that you'll need to text me your number.

    Omolabake- technically the babe wasn't his girl friend yet...but I agree I can't take anything away from his strength cause truth be told I have no clue how I would have handled the matter.

    Zioner- I am still waiting oooo

    Toyin-lol

    Anonymous- Thanks for stopping by...I'll take all that you've said into consideration. Sorry I hit you were it hurts the most (with modern technology it's not hard figuring out who you are). By the way unless you are God, understand that I'll write about Him as much as I want and still hold my head up...Finally the last time I checked this is MY blog and I doubt I sent you an invitation to view it...So if the garbage I write affects you that much, do me a favour...AVOID MY BLOG!!! By the way before you go about dishing advice, take some time out and really take a good look at yourself...Sad!

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Spicy said...

    anonymous- Wow! I must have hit you real bad...you talk about me having issues? I see you made a comment through my entire blog ...lol...talk about issues...it's evident you need help! ...lol...

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger ENIOLA said...

    i wanted to leave a comment but you disabled anon comments. ivsee why anyway i am back sliding anon that left a comment in your previous post
    i am glad you had fun in your wedding though u had to wear trad an all.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    :) spicy/miguel or spicy-miguel, you still havent answered my question oh.

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

    Migi (LOL), u have to give a sista some time, i'm very much on it bro! hehehe

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Spicy said...

    Eniola-lol...I think I rubbed anonymous the wrong way...I had a blast at the wedding...my trad came out well...probably sew some more

    Mimi-lol..Spicy and Miguel are one and the same (I am having personality issues...lol)...depending on what Gmail account I sign on, determines what name I post my entry with.

    Zioner- lol...time waits for no one oooo....lol

     
  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger temmy tayo said...

    You got me cracking as usual. A big AMEN to you being NEXT!!!

     
  • At 2:34 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Spicy this post was packed, but the dude you met in the gent's story i didnt get oo. Glad to see you had fun both at the wedding and just everwhere you go. Wow, you are having too much fun.. ermm what about the italian?? this your tory need more elaborations as in they are like 1/4 gists..lol..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home