Where do I start

Monday, April 07, 2008

Incredible God, Incredible Praise!

First off, I want to thank everyone for their kind words on here. I want to thank those friends that also made an effort to reach me, the instant messages, calls and emails. Words cannot express how grateful I am.

This has been an interesting and challenging period for me. For the most part, by the grace and mercy of God, I have remained strong but I must confess there have been times I've felt that strength quietly wanning. While speaking to a friend during the week, it dawned on me that I was gradually giving in to those fears I speak against. I started recounting the number of people I've lost within the past three years, started recounting the number of decisions I've made that didn't seem right, I started recounting the things I had taken for granted. Strangely, I started finding comfort within the bowels of self pity! I became scared of tomorrow.

Ahhh but at last I remembered...I remembered that my God has not given me a spirit of fear...neither has he called me to a life of self pity. I remembered that He that is in me is greater than He that is in the world and that for His word to come to past and for me to have a testimony, I have to be put through the fire....refiners fire.

Yesterday, I walked into church and rededicated my life. The message was so on point! It spoke to me... If God has given you His word, assuredly I saw unto you...though the days may seem to fly by like the speed of light, His word will surely come to past. I have come to accept that the life I have been called to live is by no means ordinary...I am reminded that I have been "Sent". I have been called to a higher place and regardless of the distractions and roadblocks the devil tries to put before me, I'll soar like an eagle. The Lord has made my feet like the feet of the deer! The Lord is my shield and my buckler of whom shall I fear? of what shall I be afraid of?
As the devil sought to remind me of all the wrongs I have done and the decisions I have made...as he tries to constantly remind me of my imperfections and my sins, I am reminded by God that He loves me in spite of and because of all my frailties.

I speak life into the lives of everyone reading this and going through one thing or the other. I say the Lord has called you to a higher purpose and He will not depart from you until you fulfill that which He has called you for. Regardless of what you might be going through, just hold on and be strong...I realize how difficult it might be but just hold on for a while longer for your victory is around the corner...Remember that He knows your name, He knows your every thought, He sees you when you fall and hears you when you call. Hallelujah!!!

I haven't forgotten my promise to write on "how to deal with an ugly break up"...I'll put that up soon. In the meantime, enjoy this song that has really ministered to me through this time... I pray it blesses you the way it's blessed me. Sorry about the video quality..I couldn't find a better one.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank God for His mercies.

    Waiting for the post. Maybe I'll give a female's view on the topic, once I see yours.

    Nothing do you o jare!

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for this post...just what i needed this morning.i'm currently dealing with severe depression, as a matter of fact i made an appointment this morning to speak to a mental health counsellor.

    My victory is certainly around the corner...

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    one of my fav songs, you can find it on imeem.com
    actually as soon as I saw your title, I thought about the song
    God is incredible, absolutely!!

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    Though it taries we need to wait for it - for it speaks of an expected time. Trully those have been the words that I have had to hold onto. And trully God has been faithful. The God of testimonies will also bring your joy to completion. I am glad you rededicated your life to Him. God trully deserves some heavy praise.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home