Where do I start

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How to keep a man Part Deux!!!

Ollaaaaaaa! I am back with part 2 of my write-up “how to keep a man”. I must say for the past week or so, it’s been tough for me to sleep…now I’ve spent the past couple of days deliberating as to why sleep has chosen to depart from me and I came up with this theory… Bijou won’t let me rest until I post part 2…so bijoustic ..here goeth part 2 enjoy!

Mr. Nobody today: A lot of women spend time looking at today without considering the fact that tomorrow will never be like today… for instance, the bird that took a dump on your car yesterday will not necessarily pick on your car today (rather it picked on mine!). I hear so many women talking down at their friends… “What are you doing with that loser?” “Ahmed is toasting you and you are doing shakara because of a man that isn’t headed anywhere…Ahmed drives a 760 Li…spanking new, Gucci from head to toe…even his toe nails were imported from Vietnam (so no need for the Vietnamese ladies to give him manicure or pedicure). My dear look past today… the more they tell you that, the more you should love your man…take him around and show him off to these same friends… Your today does not necessarily determine your tomorrow… I remember one church I ministered at and they had a guest pastor, who had the gift of prophesy. I remember the minister called out a girl from the crowd…I had noticed her (yes my eyes are WIDE open when I walk into church…you never can tell where you will find “her”)…beautiful babe…though I remember the hair she carried on her head wasn’t hers (that’s a story for another day!)…anyway the man told her that she has been diligent for a number of years now, dating the same guy, who her friends had put down, that he won’t amount to nothing …but that because of her steadfastness and prayers for the dude, God asked him to tell her that she should hold on cause the guy was going to be wealthy beyond her imaginations… I could tell what this MOG (Man Of God) was saying was true because as he started telling the story the girl broke down crying…I was full of joy for the girl…finally I had witnessed the story of a virtuous woman whom God had chosen to reward. Hopefully, when the guy makes it, he’ll not feel it’s as a result of his doing but realize it’s as a result of the woman he’s had in his corner.

Family relations: People find it funny when I say that, I don’t care how much I love a babe but if our families don’t get along, I am not marrying... Growing up amongst Nigerians and myself being a product of a polygamous home, I have witnessed how family squabbles can lead to ones destruction. Having said that, I have also witnessed and learnt from people that have succeeded how to ensure such squabbles are minimal or don’t exist. Ladies, when you know you are in love with your man and you know within your heart and your brain, that he is the one for you (not when you are considering Sam, Pam and Ugo)… here is the key to winning the battle even before it begins and also the key to winning your his love. Once you meet his family, try to warm up to them… if you live in the same city or nearby, make it a point to visit without your man necessarily knowing about it…if dudes mum is around, take her out…do those things ladies like to do when ladies do the things they like to do when ladies are doing the things they like to do together ( ha ha ha ha ha )…spend time with the family and let them get to know you on a personal level…understand the reason why you are doing this…if the man you are with is successful, has the potential to be successful, is the love of all his family members, is the last kid or first son, all of the above or some of the above, you have to understand that the family will feel threatened if all of a sudden his emotions and source of happiness is no longer necessarily them but has become you…by hanging out with them and spending quality time with them, its appeases them, which invariably leads them to a point where you are no longer considered a threat but rather one of them… trust me a family that knows you well before the marriage because of the love you show them, will be your support in times of trouble. (Forget about hanging out with Moji this weekend… go spend time with his niece, nephew, mum, sister, brother e.t.c. ...Moji will be just fine!)

The way it used to be: The minute you decided to date this dude, you were saying to yourself and the world that this is a new beginning, a new day…old things have passed away …new things have been born. By choosing to date this dude, you are saying he is better than your ex (or else why did you stop dating your ex or why would you choose to regress rather than progress?). Men can’t stand being compared to other man…even if it’s a compliment, save it! A man wants to know that he is unique to you… he wants to feel like you’ve never met his type before…don’t go about comparing the things he does or doesn’t do for you to the things that your friends boyfriend does for her…they weren’t born on the same day, by the same person nor in the same hospital…so quit it! You lay your bed…NOW SLEEP! If you find it hard to sleep on the bed you’ve laid, kindly get another…there are many mattress stores around…sealy might be popular but it’s by no means the best… so clearly you have options.

Motivator: Other than the experiences of life, mans’ greatest motivator is his girl/wife.
A woman can bring out the best in a man or the worst…Pick one…you could choose to be Ruth or choose to be Eve. The greatest part of who I am today is attributed to God…but God worked through people to get me to where I am today… My mother and my ex were those two. Let me make this clear before I proceed; my ex and I are done! But like history, Columbus will always be remembered as the man who discovered America. Though he is dead and has been dead for decades, there’s a special day set aside to recognize his contribution… (nope! There’s no special day for the ex). Ladies a man can act stupid 9 out of 10 times and might forget important dates 9 out of 10 times but he never forgets those that saw him through his wilderness.

Supporters Club: Educate yourself about the things he likes…if he is a soccer fan, find out what club he supports (go ARSENALLLLLLL!!!)...you don’t have to support the same club he supports but the fact that you know about the sport or his interests and you’ve taken a liking to some level, is bound to floor him…now I expect the guy to do the same! Guys wake up ooooo …!!! The key to winning a man’s heart other than thru his belly (lol…egunje) is being an advocate of the things he adores…don’t show up at his place on Saturday when Arsenal is playing and ask him to accompany you to the mall at that particular time…trust me that’s recipe for disaster…if he enjoys synchronized swimming…lol…don’t switch channels to watch General Hospital…I realize how passionate you are about your soaps but trust me its never on the level of a mans passion for soccer… You’ve never heard anyone getting killed for missing General Hospital… but I am sure you’ve heard of people getting killed over soccer…Enough said!

Find yourself and he will find you: Enough said!

Personal time: Listen! I don’t care the lurvy durvy y’all think you have going…people need their space…don’t cramp his style… it leads him to feel u are insecure…or are you? Let him miss you a bit… trust me this builds a relationship …

Never Break up with a guy unless you mean it: I have noticed this nonsense of late… its become too rampant! The minute a woman opens her mouth to break up with a guy she’s opened a crack in their relationship…if a man cheats on you, break up with him … Yes he will come back and beg but trust me you are better off without him…cos one day he’ll feel insecure about that relationship and when he breaks up with you, he’ll BREAK UP WITH YOU!... be a woman that is firm in her beliefs…stand by your word…so before you utter those magic words, think…do I mean this?

FOOD! FOOD!! FOOD!!!: when I talk about food women laugh …they don’t know that there lies the secret of how to keep a man… a woman that can cook is not only appreciated by her man but also his friends… trust me don’t be deceived ..if his friends eat your food and they sincerely sing your praise (most times this happens, its amongst the boys)…. Once the boys confirm your cooking skills, some bulb lights up in the mans head… he’s got bragging rights… any man that tells you he doesn’t enjoy knowing that he has bragging rights is a LIAR…please pray for him!...Fathers brag about their kids that do extremely well… read the book of Job…God was proud of JOB…If you can’t cook, please please! Please!...learn …if I could learn how to cook, then I see no reason why you as a woman shouldn’t be open to learning…The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach…ahhhhh…its time to call my mum… I need some home cooking!

To the ladies out there that have read this…I pray that God gives you a man that would love you in a way no man has ever loved you before… I pray that He will shine His light on you… give you insights into your role and what His expectations are of you… You’ve been given enviable positions…He made you receptors….he gave you instincts that are way more precise than most men…I pray that as you walk through this life and until you meet the man whom He has ordained for you, that your flesh will be subdued …that your relationship will be a model on which many will come to know God. Remember He paid a price for you and I…its only fair we acknowledge that in the way we live and the things we choose to do… the pleasure of sex is for a moment ...ask yourself is it worth hurting the Lord just to please yourself? The God we serve is a just God; yes the bible says He is merciful but it also says He is a two-edged sword! ...most times men were destroyed in the bible (go and read it!), it was as a result of sexual perversion, fornication and adultery.
Father Lord I thank you for this time and I thank you for the life of this reader…Have your way in their lives…let your name be glorified in their relationship(s). Amen

23 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Miguel ....thank u very much for this post and when i get married to whoeva ...I will definately refer her to this ur post(so abeggg no remove am o,abi make I copy am sef)LOL.

    Omo am feeling all ur suggestions o,but women will never get it o and the main ones they will never get is the trying to get u to do smth when my dearest Arsenal r kicking a** or changing the channel when Thierry is abt to score just to make u pay attention to them.

    Then me I always tell all the chics i date that I definately have to have a lil' space o,not that much cos we men could get derailed atimes with all this temptation around when given a lot of space.Just cos I decide to hang out with my boys does not mean I prefer spending time with my boys than u.This r 2 different time spending,but they never agree o.

    Well thx again for the post jere,no worry Miguel I go try give u one of my cousins to marry.

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh boy...

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @NaijaBloke...my broda hopefully they listen ooo. I go frame am just for you... i go add am to my new concept (Hall of Blogs)...I knew there was something correct about you jare...i think it runs in every Arsenal supporters vein...Me nowadays i dey use style take drop hints for babes to see as per the things i cant do without...

    @Belle wetin be Oh boy? na so the thing chook you reach?

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    YAY! MIG 101 has been continued. Wait Monsieur Spicy Miguel, how dare u accuse me like dat? So are u tryna say I’m the winchy that won’t let u sleep. Fellow bloggers o, see me see trouble; it’s all good. It’s good to read a guy’s perspective on issues like this. Don’t let ur head swell o, if it bursts na ur wahala be dat. You seem to have a lot of sense in ya head, plus u sound like someone striving to be a man after God’s own heart. So I’m ready to read your views on issues like this. Omo, u look at this babe sotay, u notice na fake hair dey for her head, na wa o!

    Tell ur boys, Miguel tell ‘em. That’s why it pisses me off to no end when guys make it, and they don’t give props to the women in their lives that struggled with them. God bless you, plentifully (sp). Who said it’s natural for men to cheat? Who made it the norm? Prof. Miguel said, and I quote “if a man cheats on you, break up with him.”

    Infact, this is a ministration on it’s own. When a minister preaches, we pray for God to anoint him and continue to use him for his glory and the upliftment of his kingdom. I pray also, that God will perfect all that which concerns you and he’ll grant you the desires of ur heart, according to his will--Amen. I’ve no doubt that God is preparing you for a special woman of God, and by his grace, in his own perfect timing, we’ll view Monsieur Miguel and wifey’s wedding website--Amen.

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Kai! I was so happy i had typos. 3rd paragraph, 2nd line should read, we pray for him that God should ...

    Na so i pester u, to the extent that u posted the same blog entry twice. Eeya, pele (sorry).

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Bijou ooooo Amen and Amen!!! ... you jus cause make i jus dey laugh..oyinbo people go dey look me like say my wire no dey touch...

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some thought went into this...some serious thought...nice post

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, some words of wisdom, if only this would work all the time, the whole family thing doesnt always work, some family members will just always b bitter n resent u regardless, I know cos I have seen enough. As par the game one, I digress, guys can take sports to another level ejo. I will have 2 dedicate a blog on how to keep a woman now, lol. Thanks for the prayer!

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @ Aba Boy na wetin we go do ..if i misyarn, the ladies go hammer me ...

    @ Biodun ... I realize that this might not work for every family... if it did ... u for don see me on top Oprah dey jump on top couch! but seriously though i know it works in most cases...this is coming from a man that has faced families that were prejudice against him because of color, religion, tribe, lifestyle and perceived arrogance (Mind you , these were different families)...but its also from a man that has succeeded in getting these same people to receive and view him differently without settling.

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    I never used to look at families as been a roadblock in any relationship in the past,cos all man pikin was doing then was just playing and pimping,as long as u get to shine the congo,that na the family's wahala.

    I guess by the time u start growing up and start thinking abt settling down then u start trying to get the family to accept u,cos u know say if the papa no gree make u marry the daddy's gurl..na disaster u dey head toward be that.

    I remember one of my friend's wedding.The guy has always gisted us that his fiancee's dad is one of the coolest dad u can ever meet o and at the wedding reception,we had all the drinks(the main ones ..Liquor and Beer) in a van outside and I think the dad as an ogbologbo realized that 3/4 of the guys in the wedding r outside.So he decided to come outside and see wasup and found us gisting and drinking asper it was like my high school reunion and u get to see guys u have not see in yrs.He just came to meet us andu know everybody froze just in respet for our friend's sake and guess what the dad said,"Na lie o,so na here una dey drink and u no call me,say na cos of the bride mama he no buy beer for the wedding o".The guy no gree go back inside o,he just stayed outside and hung with the boys thruout.

    The whole point of the story is like now everytime his wife's dad is around,the dad hangs out with the my friend o and from there gives they get to bond and share views on other things.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    miguel! YOU ARE SO ON POINT with this post. from the cooking to the needing space to family relations...kudos man

    the family one...that one i've tested and it's true. all my friends moms love me...why? because i make sure to cater to them...in a real way...one day one of my friend's mom paid me a nice compliment...she said "you'd make a very good daughter in law"...too bad im not dating her son

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @ naijabloke ... now that guy is a lucky dude to have a faher in-law he can chill with. I remember a babe i was dating (muslim family)...the mumsie was afraid of the girls popsie finding out and as such didnt immediately approve of our relationship...but after spending some time with me, the day before she left, she pulled me, hugged me and then placed her daughters hands on mine.. man it was an emotional moment... so i still stick to what i have said ooo if you humble yourself before a family and aim to please and not show-off, things normally work out fine...the problem is girls of nowadays don't feel the need to make the sacrifice...

    @diamond hawk...you've got the "midas touch" o jare... i trust theres nothing more satisfying than to hear a fellow woman sing your praise...keep up the good work.

     
  • At 3:11 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Professor Spicy, i've a suggestion.(Raising my hand) please permit me to make an announcement.

    Calling all bloggers that have had enough relationship/ dating/ courtship/ marriage experience.

    I need y'all to dedicate a blog entry on how a man can find a good woman or better still the topic should be how to treat and keep a woman.

    Professor Miguel has truly given us sound advice, but it takes 2 to make a r/ship work. Abi eyin babes, what do u think? We need to retaliate (i know it's not a fight, but ...)

    It could be teamwork, it doesn't have to be a one person write-up. All interested bloggers should lemme know (as per i'm the class captain).

    Professor Spicy Miguel, (assuming anyone is interested), do u want to post it on ur blog?

    P.S: I've learnt some things(that i hope to put into practice) from this MIG 101 course. You may think people are just reading for laffs, but some people don't actually know these things u've shared. I've no doubt that ur write-up is bound to help someone.

    What do u guys think?

     
  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Bijoukana member of the kana family... imitated but never duplicated...count me in and yes i'll be willing to post it on my blog...anything for the good of all..

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    Bijouxoxo, am in lol, I will be posting mine next week!

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Okay, i'm happy some folks are interested, and Miguel is willing to post it on his blog.

    Now, should we make it a forum, like the one Mona had, where u'd post ur write-up in the comment section and Miguel, being the prof., would copy 'n paste onto his blog.

    We could also, do something like what Olawunmi did about people guest-writing on another person's blog (pretty much what we're doing). The thing is how can you do it without them knowing Miguel's log in info?

    All suggestions are welcome. Let the class captain (that's me, in case u 're wondering) know what you think.

    The roster, as to who'll write first will be posted on my blog. So check it out.

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If only the guys will remember that it was the babe on their side that made them who they are in the now...anyways, nice blog

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Noella said...

    Wow, I knew it, I don't know why I guessed that must be you, something I read made me suspect. Didn't know you wrote, though I must admit it was a very short acquaintance. I'm doing fine thank you....
    My boyfriend would definitley agree with you on the food thing thats for sure

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

    miguel miguel miguel
    & whoever else is reading this :-)

    not to detract from Bijou's 101...but Im running a relationship series right now on my blog from a female's perspective...how to recognize the RIGHT man...so yall check it out...

    www.godlyrelationships.blogspot.com

    Relationships Series

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    We could just post on the blog Diamond started. No point in starting a new blog. What do u guys think?

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

    I am so glad I came across this and spent time reading it too. From a females perspectives it serves as a checklist, not just on how to act in a relationship but also your rating factor. I have been blessed reading this. I look forward to your future sermon on male and female relationships.

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @ the life of a stranger called me thank you for dropping by... i truly believe there are no accidents in life...i believe every accident is an incident which leads us on that path to accomplishing our destinies.

    I want to thank y'all for the comments...I thank God for y'all because as i write and read your various blogs, its amazing how much i get to learn or how much i am reminded, how great a people we are.

    I'll continue to hit these pages with topics i pray will touch someone, somewhere...your contributions matter a lot..lets help each other...every day i wake up i see an end drawing closer...lets make each day count..even if its not for us but for someone else.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Ms. May said...

    Wow Miguel. I just happened to get to your page from someone else's and man I needed to read this post. You are so right....nothing happens by accident. I am definitely struggling with various things right now and your post spoke to my heart. God Bless you and keep it coming. You're definitely going to be an everyday stop on my daily blog route.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home