Where do I start

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Life is a swing.....

Yes ooo Life is like jangulova....I mean depending on the time of the day, things could either be up or down. I must say i had an interesting weekend, not as eventful as one would have hoped but nevertheless interesting. The first couple of days this week have been eye opening more than anything else...I've learn't alottttttttt....so why not take a ride with me as we jangulova through episodes of my life this past weekend and whats ahead....

Weekend in Chicago: I need to let y'all in on a little secret... so i failed to share with you guys the true reason i went to Chicago this past weekend... I could easily say my church was having a picnic but that would amount to a lie... a "concerned" friend told me to make sure i showed up for the church picnic cause berra babes from the nooks and cranny of Chicago never fail to represent. So just not to lose out, having nothing else to do here and also the chance to mingle with the folks i have newly come to call my spiritual family, led me to go. Well let's just say it ended in dissappointment... I mean I have come to the conclusion that either theres something wrong with me or someone in my village is up to no good (i need to lift my prayer..) i mean my friend kept pointing at babes and all i kept doing was shaking my head...dude got frustrated at some point and the following conversation ensued

Concerned: what about her? shes doing well and she loves the Lord
Me: who? (I saw her clearly ooo)
Concerned: Her (raising his voice)...
Me: naaaa
Concerned: Naaa what? Nooo Naaa what? what more do you want?

"What more do i want?" great question...for the longest i thought i knew but now i have my doubts...could it be true what i have heard and most times denied all these while that i am vain? could it be that i am wayyy too picky or could it be the fact that even though i have shared with friends that i am ready to date again but subconciously i am scared? what could i be scared of? Please join me in pausing for 10 seconds ... 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0.....ok i am back!..had to go pick up my chicken wings...lol.... ok so where was i..yes... scared of what?...i guess i have gotten so use to my independence, unaccountable freedom that comes from being single, that i dread change!
Oh well...time will tell.
Anyway so the picnic was a blast... i took part in almost every competition... it was nice being able to show off my rather hairless legs (trust me i have tried using spirit to grow the hair on my legs ..its not happening!)... i mean i was clearly competiting with babes for "hot legs"... man i need to insure my legs...(i feel the hateeeee!)...
On a bright note, my Boy BBD got back with his ex and i am so happy for him cause when he broke up with her i told him what a mistake he was making...the girl is beautiful, smart and is just right for him! glad to see he finally woke up and has done right! now i have to work on getting them married in the next year ...ha ha ha ha ha ha ...more chicken...more dancing... more more potential babes to screen.....lol...( doing the shuffle!)...think of it ...The bridal train..ahhh i can see it now..... need to call him and sow the seed...how selfish of me! hmmm yeah i dont care..calling BBDD...dude answer your phone! NOWWWW!!!!
On my way back to my plantation after the weekend, those moments of pain arise! the pain you feel from being single...as the cab took me across the various terminals, i noticed loved ones hugging, kissing and squeezing each other...right there and then i realized some of the things i truly miss in a relationship...as the cab came to a stop i was hoping the cab driver would shed a tear or two for my sake but that didnt happen shoooot! these cabbies aren't passionate! all they want is a tip..what happened to "take care"..."fly safe"???? Man the next cab i take isnt getting a tip from me at least not cash!
Anyway Delta lost my bag...how can you lose my bag..i mean of all the bags to lose, its mine they chose to lose...yes they chose to lose my bag...anyway i'll blog on that some other time..lol...

www.rhynaandbj.com : I have a wedding this weekend in Atlanta and i am really looking forward to it. i must confess a certain part of me is excited, while the other half is terrified. Excited because i get to share such a special day with a friend i have known for years but terrified because i gathered the ex is going to be there and more than likely shes going to be there with her man. Now i hear some of you saying but you guys have been done for years now...yup i agree but truth be told i've never been in the same place with her and her boyfriend and so its going to be awkward. I also get to minister at my friends wedding...the problem with that is the fact that this weekend i lost my voice and its taking too long to return. The couple called me today to make a song request... funny thing is with the current state of my voice, i doubt i can hit the notes...so my people i welcome any advice! don't worry i'll return with loads of pictures...all i need to do now is find me a hot date and i'll be set!...(Note to self: dust up black book)....ha ha ha ha h aha ha h ah h ha h aha

Never judge a book by its cover: yup! i learnt this lesson big time and i mean BIG TIME! so i'll like to think i am a very observant and analytical bloke..most times after watching a person for a little time, i can tell a bit about their person, character e.t.c. I got to speak with a new friend yesterday...i'll refer to this friend as JUNE 31st. (don't ask me why!).. i must say we've encountered ourselves many times, but we've never had reasons to speak...well i always said if our building caught fire, JUNE 31st would be my first suspect!... i am always suspicious of loners...for the longest period i actually classified June 31st under the loner category ...quiet, reserved...always looking to the ground while walking...it bothered me most times we went by each other. I recently had a reason to speak with JUNE 31st and my golly! JUNE 31st is one of a kind...totally different from my perception...lively as lively could be...sarcastic with some of the quickest and wittiest lines ever! i mean i was always on my heels...June 31st practically controlled the conversation and called me out each time i went off on my random tangent (lol...yup i am special like that!)... anyhow i must say i was pleasantly shocked to see a few good ones still exist...able to hold their own, confident, funny and down to earth...had to induct June 31st into the Hall of the Kana family (yoruba for unique)... I will never allow other peoples experiences influence my interaction with people or judge a book by its cover...I wonder how many great people I've missed out on being friends with. (hmmmmm) Oh well I thank God for everything because once agan he proved that you are never too old to learn...He will always send someone your way to teach you or learn from you or both.

God is Awesome! I say this alot and i also hear people say the same thing all the time but i am grateful to God that He has allowed me despite my imperfections, experience His love, grace and Awesomeness! ...I am not allowed to discuss my work and as such i can't go into lengthy details but I'll try to share this testimony the best way i can... i hope and pray this ministers to someone out there...
I am currently doing my summer internship in some dead city, in a dead state! I enjoy my function but dont necessarily like the companys culture. I recently worked on a project that could determine the future existence of the company and working on this project exposed me to the politics that exists in corporate America. I tend to think I am a blunt and upright person and as such i tell it as it is...most times i get into trouble for doing just that... well this was no different...i went against my boss on this project..it got so bad that in the presence of a top member of management, this dude yelled at me and completely shut me down... man i was livid!... but i felt the Holy Spirit telling me to calm down..well i did just that...waited about two days and then called him into one of the conference rooms and really gave it to him... basically i made it clear to him that i wont be spoken to in that manner again and could care less if they offered me a full-time position with their firm. Lets just say after this encounter, things went from bad to worse, worse to worst and worst to Mogbe oooo... Anyway so today i had the dreaded performance review...i expected to be torn into pieces but the review i got was sooo far from it...i got raving reviews... they loved my honesty, passion and beliefs...its been refreshing...lol... Mighty God why do you love me so? I mean don't get me wrong they had a few complaints but the praises outweighed them and made them look inconsequential. My boss (we butt heads because he is forever challenging my assumptions and I am always eager to defend) also had praises for me... i mean Gods word proved to be Ye and Amen today...."when a mans way pleaseth the Lord, he will find peace amongst men"...I was credited for the direction of the project despite how many times my ideas were shut down...

To the ladies... i havent forgotten part 2 of our series "How to keep a man" i'll be posting that in a few days.

Live today for the Lord and watch him spoil you silly!...

I have to sign off now...Promise to bring y'all minute by minute account of the wedding in ATL and the fashionable ladies and gents out there.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Silly boy! Your perception of me was soooo off. Loner ko, loner ni!I DONT walk looking down..LOL. Anyways, I'm glad i made an impression.
    Have fun at your wedding this weekend... and PLEASE make sure your voice comes back. We don't want you to croak on stage...you never know.. your future iyawo/'black book' lady could be watching!! In all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with being picky/having high standards...who knows, if you play nice, i might hook you up with one of my VERY eligible friends ;)

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    Shebi I said it; I knew u were up to something with that ur trip to Chi town . So u were busy scoping gals, Monsieur Miguel una wellu done o. Now u want to become a wedding planner, adding that to your portfolio along with marriage counsellor. U be serious jack of all trades, kai!

    Have u tried drinking raw egg, u can mix it with flavored milk so it doesn’t taste too bad. I heard it works. I’ve not tried it before. So u’re doing it at ur own risk. U need to watch out for the quiet and reserved ones, they’re usually energizer bunnies especially when they find someone they can trust/ see a potential friend. How do I know? Well, I was once like that.

    Bijouxoxo of ninety-before-the-war, would’ve said, “Omo what in heavens name were u thinking? Talking back to ur boss? What if u get fired?” But, I’ve come to realize that u shouldn’t take crap from someone just ‘cos he happens to be in a higher position. Respect begath respect, right? When the Lord is with you, he’d cause u to find favor, not only in his sight, but in the sight of all men (Remember the 3 Hebrew boys, classic ex. of bravery, even with their lives at stake). It always pays to listen to the Holy Spirit. Imagine, if u had yelled back at him right there and then (even though I know u must‘ve felt like that), it would’ve been a complete disaster. Nice post, I’ve learnt a lot today, especially from the last 2 paragraphs.

    Shey u’ve heard, so be nice to June 31st, and she may just hook u up with THE ONE. Again, I heard ATL girlies are IT, so play ur cards right, in a God way of course, u never know. Plus u’re gonna be ministering ni gbangba (in front), so u’d be seen, focus on the ministration and don’t be using style style to check out the chics o.

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    June 31st ...until the next time i see you and you act otherwise, u are still on code "amber"..i mean even if glass should break and i notice the kid that broke it, i'll still give up your name!
    (nice Miguel)...now as per playing nice...u know i am always nice ..lol...so hook a broda up...i'll send you a list...wink wink!!

    Bijou my dearest! my one and only ewa...i wasn't scoping per se i was just surveying what was on ground...
    As per your advice to drink raw egg and milk...in the wise words of Ikemba Ojukwu, i say MBA BIKO!(No please)..i dont have a soar throat i just lost my voice screaming and compounded the problem on Sunday in church...Worse case scenario i will do Milli Vanilli @ the wedding (hate a tape play while i move my mouth)...my dear ministering in front of purriful ladies isn't easy ooo ..but i thank God for his mercies cos i sing with my eyes closed... Pastors have asked why i do that but no be me go use my mouth confess am...
    As per my boss...awa alright! he'll bounce back! ...I have no fear of getting fired.. i put in long hours and great work.So if they fire me, i'll move my charcoaled, boney, non-existing, weight-watching, exercised behind to a different company! ha ha ha

    How is midnight stalker..oops i mean gister? hope he isnt keeping you awake with fake lyrics ooo..
    "baby heaven must be missing an angel" ...duhhhh of course my guardian angel!

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:21 AM , Blogger Teva said...

    So you can sing...hmmmmmm?? Now i'm really curious! Is there something you can't do apart from not being able to commit? LOL, my bad miguel! i really think you should check with those folks from the village (more binding and casting required!)
    Loved the way you handled your boss...its good to know that the Holy Spirit can preempt the actions of some men...[smile]there is hope yet!

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Biodun said...

    I applaud u for standing to your boss, n u r mister picky hmmmmmm. lol, its all good.
    So u r coming to atl, u know I was going to crash that wedding this weekend, my man was invited n all, but I have other plans though, dang I could have seen u n heard u sing too, o well. Hope u have a swell time though n sorry about the voice, I dont have any advice on that.
    Yes o, where is part II!

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger NaijaBloke said...

    Nice blog will be back bro.

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger Mari said...

    I thought you were going to have pictures from the picnic???? wonder what happened to them, abi u were too busy scoping and forgot to take some.

    Anyways, have fun at the wedding. I see some beautiful gals on the wedding site so you might just find someone special this weekend.

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Life is a swing ke?

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    @Teva wetin man go do .. i am a man under authority...

    @Biodun yes oo i will be entering your zone in a couple of hours.. hope ATL is ready for me...I plan to walk around the wedding and ask every guy without a babe..are u Biodun's man? lol...probably post it somewhere..Biodun's man please report to the nearest Microphone...who knows i could coax him into proposing...more wedding sites and bridal chikitas..
    I never heard back from you as per your questions..meanwhile why GSU or UGA? Girl if you are going to do your MBA then aim for the best!

    @NaijaBloke...na u i dey try copy ooo ..i wan resemble you...thanks for the compliment.
    @ Mari you won't believe what happened! okay nothing happened ..there wasnt anything interesting to capture..well except for my plate of food...don't worry this trip to atl i will load up on pics..even if its of peoples toes...

    @Belle (stomach)... yup life is a swing.. you have your ups and downs..or you never had a ride on jangulova? I bet you were one of those kids i rolled tire with...oya my turn ..no na my turn...

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Biodun said...

    @ Miguel check ur e-mail, as par the skool choices, I am presently limited to Georgia, relocating is out of the questions, too many reasons. I am also applying to Emory also. GSU is a top skool for the specialization I am going for, thanks though.
    HABAAAAAAA, ma ko mi si wahala o, tell him to propose keee, me I am not even ready for that just yet..lol

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Biodun my concern isnt if you are ready or not..i can guarantee you that YOU WILL BE READY! me i just want to see your bridal train....

     
  • At 2:12 AM , Blogger Noella said...

    Hey Miguel
    I think your blog is great, and I love your story about standing up to your boss, very inspiring

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Miguel said...

    Dilch thanks...i find your blog equally interesting...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home