Where do I start

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Lets start from the beginning....

hello all,

Let me start by introducing myself.....
my name is Miguel, i currently live somewhere within the 50 states of America. I am currently pursuing an MBA finance concentration, though i already have one in management.

Everyone has an alter ego and mine is called Spicy Miguel ( always had a thing for the latin chickitas....meowwww) he is a chippendale... (willing to do private shows and bridal showers) ... its mandatory you have a pole...

Spicy Miguel is a hot stud, 6'4 , well defined shape, lady magnet, love doctor.

Well from time to time either myself or my alter ego will entertain y'all and keep you informed on the going-ons in our lives.

welcome ! its Miguel here.... for the next few months (i pray), i will take you on my current journey to B-school. The application process is over (sorry y'all missed out), ok ok ok i will be kind enough to fill you all in as per the process, what i experienced ...the recommendations, revelations, disappointments, appointments and drama ( trust me ..if we capture my life and sell it to a film maker, i can guarantee a blockbuster).

A friend advised me to start a blog while waiting to hear back from the schools i applied to... so here goes.... hope you all find this site enjoyable..if not (be quiet! keep it to yourself)...hah hah hah....

Let me bring you up to par....

i took my GMAT in december, my score was a bit disappointing but what do you expect when i spent the greater part of my study time depressed, discovering new routes home and handling death threats ( i will explain in another blog). oh well my score was still good enough to apply to some top schools... so i took the chance and applied to seven schools...YES seven schools... i am determined to make it into one. I must say i love the seven schools i applied to theres something unique about each one of them.

Ok my application process started off with a whole lot of excitement, myself and my new closest pal (code name:Rebel) ...i must tell you all i dont care what anyone says, she is the epitome of a true friend....genuinely concerned, always willing to help even when it places her in odd positions.... Her S.O is lucky to have her (Nana.... you are a lucky man)...i can hear a couple laughing as they read this....

Its great when you place so little value on yourself and someone comes in and feels you are worth a whole lot more... Thanks Rebel for everything, the late nights, the help, the advice, being a shoulder, never tired, always listening...i've got your back whenever!!! sob ! sob!!

My journey has been an interesting one.... like i said previously, i applied to seven schools, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Kellogg, Cornell, Tuck and McCombs (they are in no particular order). Harvard required three recommendations, while the rest required two. Ok gathering my recommenders wasn't hard though i must say the third mandatory recommender as per Harvard, led to a revelation ( yeahhhh i seee the lightttttt.....)

I chose my pastor as my third recommender for Harvard, since for the past two years or more, i have occupied a leadership position in the church choir.. yeah i sing in the choir..... (yeah i see some jaws dropping...hey hey hey pick it up....trust me the Lord can touch anyone and everyone)... oh well back to my pastor encounter....

i called up my pastor and requested he act as one of my recommenders, he asked me about my score, which i revealed to him .... told him how urgent and important this recommendation was and he said he will take care of it. Just to ensure that he knew what he had to do, i offered to go over to his home and give him some useful examples ( hey for so long as i dont write it, nor take over the process, its ethical!).... anyway he sits me down and pulls up a long list of evaluative questions which i guess Harvard needed him to answer. Now let me inform you all...Harvard recruits people that they believe have the potential or can display leadership potentials and initiative.
Lets just say by the time he was half way into the recommendation, i wasnt too sure i wanted him to act as one of my recommenders... as a result we had a man to man discussion on certain characteristics of mine.. lets just say the night ended early and he asked me to leave his house...why you might ask... well myself and my pastor view life differently... he insists on moulding me to be a "model christian" but i guess my stubborn side has a different understanding of what that means......( hey hey hey don't blame me ...blame it on my years in government school...walahi talahi those seniors left a scar)....
oh well to keep this short, i noticed on my online application that my pastor had submitted his recommendation... now i am worried...ok worried is an understatement... i am disturbed to a point close to insanity cause Harvard happens to be my first choice.

Now not only am i unsure about the recommendation pastor gave to Harvard, he has also suspended me from the choir and all departments in church ...( before you think he is too harsh, i must say its partly ..hmmm...let me correct that ...its mainly my fault)...

The thing about growing up as a catholic is you always feel the need to confess.."Forgive me Father for i have sinned ... this is my 10th confession since i was baptized( funny thing i remember is those days i sinned so much that i went for confession almost twice a week and i had been baptized for years and had been to more than 10 confessions but i couldnt keep count so i picked 10 as my lucky number and used it always)...anyway before i digress, let me get back on track... yeah so one of those guilty moments, i went over to Pastor to confess some of my sins.... now i expected shock but not the lengthy suspension....now i feel like the texan man that confessed to his wife all his atrocities and lost his manhood for coming clean...where is justice when you need it... at times its best to confess to God and allow him deal with you. Ok i no longer sing in church and part of the stipulations in regards to my suspension is 1. i have to be in church for all meetings 2. i cant work in church 3. i cant change churches 4. i have to meet with Pastor frequently
In retrospect i must say God loves me dearly cause how many people can boast of such a relationship (no matter how painful the punishment is)? but then again, how do you handle the constant questions and gossip circulating.... anyway at least i am finally free ...i can walk around and not feel guilty or feel dirty... The bible says a righteous man falleth seven times but gets back up" (ok bible scholars before u sentence me to purgatory, i am paraphrasing)....

WOW look at the time...alright kids its bed time for me.... sorry if this first blog is confusing... but as my story unwinds, things will become clearer and besides public writing was never my thing..so please bear with me as i use this not only to entertain but also hone my writing abilities.

Original Punk...ur blog site is an inspiration.... the drama you face each day continually cracks me up... thanks for the inspiration.

To all the ladies that say i dont open up ...i never let them in.... its tough to love me..... blah blah blah ...hope this site will help you understand why its been tough to let anyone come inside or even close to me.

Let me say this....revelations on this site might hurt some people but my intentions are noble... i am only seeking a way to discover more about my person and also create an avenue where people can get to know me better..... Selfish you might say but as you visit and read the things i post here, it will become apparent...its all love!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

    "Moulding u to be a model christian" i wonder what that means? I guess, it's only one a child the father loves, that he disciplines. Off to reading some more.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home